Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🍂🍻 Apptoberfest discussion: Apps for ALL teams

Hi Community! It’s time for the third and final discussion for Apptoberfest '24: Apps for ALL teams 🎉

Over the last two weeks, we have discussed apps for Marketing and Business teams, respectively. But what about all the other types of teams out there using apps with Atlassian tools? IT, Support, Engineering, etc. There are several team types that fall into this bucket.

What we want to know is, what are your favorite apps that can be used across ALL teams? Are there any Marketplace Apps that stand out as being particularly helpful for several team types? What makes them so great?

Let us know in the comments!

Not sure what Apptoberfest is? Learn about this month-long event here. ⬅️ As a reminder if you’re going for the “Bountiful Bavarian” badge, joining these weekly discussions is how to do it. Here are the other 2 discussions you’ll want to take part in before the end of October!

13 comments

Comment

Alberto Estévez October 15, 2024

🍻🎃 Crmble for Jira: More Than Just Business – It’s an Apptoberfest Treat! 🎃🍻

You might think that Crmble for Jira, being a CRM solution, is all about the serious world of business. But hold onto your steins, folks! We firmly believe that the way we handle email integration with Jira issues can be a game-changer for all kinds of teams and use cases. That’s why we’re bringing our proposal to the apps group for teams of every flavor – just in time for Apptoberfest! And hey, with Halloween around the corner, there’s more than one trick (and treat!) up our sleeve. 🎃👻

https://youtube.com/shorts/UQ7Erzb2nlI?si=wSYuRc-LSGaLnV2q

Frame 1064.png

So, what’s on tap with Crmble for Jira? 🍺 We’re serving up the ability to filter email conversations with specific contacts. Just link a contact to a Jira card with their email address, and voilà! You’ll automatically see all past and future emails with that person neatly organized in the email tab. No more spooky email hunts – everything’s in one place, ready for you to pick up the conversation right where you left off.

But wait, there’s more! As a value-add, we also offer customizable message templates that you can tweak with variables. Handy, right?

Jira Crmble Templates.png

We believe many Jira issues come with a trail of emails, and this is a great way to keep everything connected in one central hub. Google and Microsoft accounts supported!

From a business or marketing perspective, whenever you add a contact to a Jira card, it’s recorded as a deal. You can assign value to these deals, mark them as won or lost, and through Crmble for Jira’s dashboard, track deals by project and even check out statistics on your wins.

And that’s just a small appetizer of Crmble for Jira’s tastiest features! 🍂👻

Now, let’s raise a glass and celebrate Apptoberfest the Crmble way! 🍻

Like # people like this
YY Brother
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2024

Hi @Whitney Nicholes 

I've recently developed two Apps of Gamification category, which are for all teams.

Value Proposition

Enhance team engagement and productivity through gamified collaboration, transforming teamwork into a rewarding experience.

image.png

image.png

Thanks,

YY Bro

Like # people like this
Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2024

@Whitney Nicholes keeping Confluence pages update to date is a team effort not matter what the space is used for. At least key data like if change the name of something to avoid mass confusion.

A suite of tools to bulk edit across a space is why we built Space Content Manager.

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 12.22.42.png

PS can enable/disable features, even by user or group

Like # people like this
Stu Lees ____ REVYZ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2024

Woop woop! 🍻 the team at REVYZ have been waiting for this week!! 🍻  our apptoberfest demo is inbound! 

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2024

@Whitney Nicholes choosing just one is hard.  I love Tempo apps since everyone can use them.  My favorite is scriptrunner.  

Like # people like this
Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2024

Here are some standout apps that work wonders across all teams:

🚀 Mantra: Transform your Confluence into a social intranet for your entire organization! With personalized dashboards, event management, and seamless integration with Confluence, it's perfect for building strong team connections—whether you're collaborating across departments or keeping remote workers in the loop.

Use a centralized communication platform.gif

🎨 Aura: Design beautiful, engaging pages in Confluence with buttons, panels, dividers, and more! Whether you're working in Marketing or Support, Aura helps you create visually stunning content that every team member will appreciate, no matter their role.

aura cards example.gif

💡 Karma: The ultimate page builder for Confluence! With 200+ templates and an intuitive drag-and-drop editor, Karma makes it easy for ALL teams to create engaging pages in no time. Perfect for onboarding, documentation, or even project management. The best thing? It's completely FREE.

Confluence landing page1gut klein.gif

These apps help boost communication, collaboration, and creativity across your organization—no matter the team. 

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2024

Thanks for all the suggestions, now to find some time to look at all the apps you've suggested

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2024

Regardless of the customers you support, everyone should have a robust, dependable, and secure backup, restore, and disaster recovery capability. I did a lot of research for this, and landed on Revyz's Data Manager for Jira add-on. (Note: I have no affiliation with Revyz, I'm just a really impressed customer!) Easy to use, based on solid security protocols and SOC2 compliant, backs up and restores both configurations and issues according to your choices, stores backups off-site, and provides tons of information and features that I use to troubleshoot problems and review our site's health. One important feature that's sometimes overlooked in researching apps is customer support; I have to say Revyz is outstanding in this department! Every time I've had a question or suggestion, their support team has replied within a few hours (time/day differences considered) and worked with me until the question is answered. They're also really receptive to suggestions for their add-ons, and have implemented a couple of mine and followed up to let me know. Pretty cool!

The scheduled backups and Cleanup tool have saved me significant time -- I've been able to review what is available to delete, choose what I want, and then delete multiple schemes, screens, etc. at once rather then deleting them one by one in JSM (and it won't let me delete anything that's in use, with I REALLY appreciate!).

help26.jpg

I also use the Site Insights feature to review the status of config elements of the site, and I can click on any of the elements to review and download the metadata for each:

help27.jpg

There's a free trial for it, the price is affordable (which helped us be able to get it), and with all the apps/add-ons I looked at for disaster recovery (and there are some really good ones out there), this was the best bang for our buck!

Like Kalin U likes this
Frankie C_ October 16, 2024

Tempo and Structure - both play nicely in our stack, while extending/enabling further insights into our work and allocations. Highly recommend both!

Like # people like this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2024

@Susan Waldrip , thanks for your review of Revyz Data Manager. It looks like a really well-thought solution, even though it's more for Jira admins.

I would also recommend eazyBI for reporting on data. It's an awesome tool for every team.

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2024

We've found the Smart Jira Configuration app to be really handy. It produces a report of an entire project's configuration in multiple formats (HTML, Word, Excel, Confluence, PDF, and JSON). It's a lot of info, but I've used it to review the details of config elements that are giving me trouble and it's helped me better understand how Jira/JSM manage and connect various config elements. It's also a good reference when I'm restoring something that I haven't worked with in a while. And Eisonesoft's support has been excellent.

There's only one screen for the app, which adds all the config items. I just remove the CIs I don't want to include in the config report and specify the project.

help28.jpg

When I click the Generate doc button, I get a table of contents with links to the report sections, and within many of the sections are links to the actual config screens in Jira/JSM.

help30.jpg

help29.jpg

정혜인 October 17, 2024

One standout app that every team can benefit from is the 📌Flexible Space Navigation for Confluence📌. This app provides several advantages that enhance team collaboration and efficiency, making it particularly valuable across various contexts:

Easy Hierarchical Navigation: Teams can navigate through complex structures with ease thanks to its hierarchical tree structure. This feature allows users to intuitively browse through pages and links, making it simple to identify and access the needed information quickly, all in an optimal layout.

Personalized User Experience: The app allows users to customize navigation menus to meet individual or team requirements. Teams can build their unique navigation environments with default and personalized settings, ensuring an optimal user experience that aligns with the various roles and work styles within the team.

Efficient Menu Management: With simplified menu configuration and convenient settings, managing space becomes more efficient. The app enhances visual clarity and maximizes management efficiency with built-in icons and user-customizable settings. This reduces the time spent on managing spaces, allowing teams to focus on their priorities.

Enhanced Work Efficiency: Utilizing easy-to-use navigation bars and menu lists, the app significantly boosts work efficiency. Real-time dropdown menus and shortcuts allow team members to quickly locate necessary information without disrupting their workflow, ensuring a smoother and more productive working experience.

Overall, "Flexible Space Navigation for Confluence" fosters a more organized and efficient working environment, making it a powerful tool for teams seeking streamlined navigation and management capabilities in their collaborative workspaces.

Check out the app screen in the demo video! 👉 https://youtu.be/59Uaj8Q7Zs8?si=BXUxx3tQVduL_b36

Pawel Ciereszynski _Eyzee_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 17, 2024

@Brant Schroeder why do you love Tempo? What does Tempo offer that similar solutions don’t?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events