Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ‚๐ŸŽƒ Apptoberfest '24 discussion: Apps for Marketing teams

Hi Community! Welcome to the first weekly Apptoberfest '24 discussion topic: Apps for Marketing teams ๐Ÿง‘โ€๐ŸŽจ

Atlassianโ€™s Marketplace offers a wide array of apps tailored for marketing teams. Whether focusing on design, email, communications, field marketing, or product marketing, numerous tools are available to assist with project planning, collaboration, and beyond.

What we want to know is, what are your favorite apps for marketing teams? How do teams within your marketing org use apps?

Let us know!

Not sure what Apptoberfest is? Learn about this month-long event here. โฌ…๏ธ

34 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2024

We don't use a lot of Marketing specific apps in Jira since Jira Product Discovery does such a great job. But maybe the Supersona app for identifying personas in your product planning and marketing. 

Like โ€ข # people like this
Whitney Nicholes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2024

@John Funk this app looks nice! I know some marketing teams use metrics as goals to tag tasks related to bigger projects... some use OKRs... and some use personas. For my team I can see how this would be helpful with segmenting and prioritizing work. The Supersona app would be really helpful there. I also love that users can create the avatars- makes it a little fun! 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2024

I didn't think about OKRs - Oboard has a great product for that!

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2024

I've never used any marketing related apps to be honest but I'm curious how Jira and/or Confluence can be integrated with Salesforce for those who don't have access to it.

Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2024

We haven't implemented any apps yet for marketing, our "functional" folks will be coming on board in 2025 (I hope). That said, I want to look at some of the capabilities in the available marketing apps to start getting some ideas of what they offer, how I might approach setting up new projects, and so on. It'll be fun! @Whitney Nicholes and @John Funk , thanks for the suggestion of Oboard for OKRs, will check that out!

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2024

Ok I'll bite, I'll be honest Marketing is not something I think of when I think of marketing, I only think of the marketing project template in Jira and the extensive configurations available to tailor everything towards a marketing team.

We'll see what I learn during this month in this realm, I'm wide open to discovery!

Kayd October 1, 2024

@John thanks for sharing that, I didnt know this apps exist, It would be useful for initiating conversation with potential customers.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2024
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2024

Honestly, I have never used an application for Marketing, because I have not had the opportunity, almost all the clients I have worked with are from the technology area, but I am sure that with this I will learn new things that you never know could be useful.

Regards

Patricia Modispacher _appanvil_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2024

Our marketing team loves using Aura Content Formatting Macros for Confluence to create visually engaging pages that showcase our campaigns and content calendars. The customizable Aura Cards and Panels help us keep track of our project status and visualize our creative ideas in one central place.

aura cards example.gif

We also use Mantra Intranet for managing our internal communications, which ensures that every team member is up-to-date on new launches and initiatives. Itโ€™s like having our own little marketing command center inside Confluence - especially using the Community feature.

create community2.gif

Would love to hear how other marketing teams are utilizing these tools!

Teresa_DevSamurai
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

Iโ€™m looking into CRM apps that work with Jira to help manage customer relationships and keep track of leads and campaigns. Itโ€™d be great to find something that fits well with how weโ€™re already using Jira for project management.

Iโ€™d love to hear your thoughts or suggestions!

Stephen_Lugton
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

I spent a long time last year creating OKR custom fields, dashboards, reports, etc. and never thought to look for an app that could have saved my time ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Stephen_Lugton
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

And we use Hubspot for our CRM which has a fair few apps for connecting to Jira

Like โ€ข Susan Waldrip likes this
Stephen_Lugton
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

Like @John Funk  we use Jira Product Discovery with custom fields for things like persona and target audience

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

I was using Canva couple of times to help wrap some materials and designs so seeing integration for Jira / Confluence looks nice and definitively should speed up marketing activities and collaborate on projects. 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

Like many others, we haven't really found a good use case for apps for Marketing teams till now. I'll keep an eye out for other members comments on this thread and see what cool apps they're using for marketing use case.

Whitney Nicholes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2024

@Vronik  I've heard this a lot! In fact, this is one of the reasons we selected this category for Apptoberfest '24. We surveyed a group of customers and they were eager to hear about apps for teams that weren't as technical. I'm also eager to see the suggestions come through on the topic of Marketing teams! 

Laurie Sciutti
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

I have no involvement with any Marketing apps professionally but personally I've used Canva.  Glad I checked out this post, though because OKR Board for Jira by Oboard looks awesome!  We could definitely use that before we create this from scratch  (sorry @Stephen_Lugton !).  Thanks for the info, @John Funk !

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2024

I see some other marketing teams like to use Aura - in my current company, we don't have any additional apps for Atlassian products when it comes to the marketing team, but in the previous place I worked, I know the team used Aura for some additional designs and landing pages on Confluence.

As more and more business teams are starting to use Atlassian, I hope to learn more about marketing needs and preferences. ๐Ÿค“

vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2024

Hi @Whitney Nicholes 

Thanks for the topic, from the comments and discussions, I got to know that there are few Apps which are so good for Marketing purpose as we never used any Marketing Apps.

Thanks all for discussions and sharing knowledge. 

Vikram P 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

@Susan Waldrip - Have you used any other OKR tools from the Marketplace?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

@Stephen_Lugton  Yes, I just discovered the OKR tools when I was trying to build them myself several months ago. So much stuff built in with the tool and really nice interface. 

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2024

Jumping in here for the OKRs discussion - did anyone maybe use UpRaise for that purpose? We only used it for performance reviews. Would be interesting to hear some first-hand feedback.

Frankie C_ October 2, 2024

Not specific to Marketing -- but Miro has been a great tool to aid in visualizing ideas and collaborating real-time. Campaign designs, detailed flows, feedback and high-level planning. The product team really drills into a bevy of use cases, and enhancements are frequent enough to expose new ways of working. 

Susan Waldrip
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2024

Hi @John Funk , no I haven't used any other marketing tools but our management will probably want us to look at OKRs in the near future. And this topic made me think of asking our management if the Marketing department might want to use JSM. Who knows?!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events