Now migrating Team Calendars with the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant

image1.png

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Sai, and I’m the Group Product Manager for the Cloud Migration Assistants.

I’m excited to announce the native migration support for Team Calendars, now available in Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant version 3.9.1. Many of you rely on Team Calendars to collaborate with your teams in Confluence and we realize that the absence of a smooth migration path for them has introduced friction for many when making the transition to the cloud.

Over the past few months, we’ve rolled out several new capabilities, including the ability to migrate Global Templates and better manage plans using the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant. The introduction of the native migration support for Team Calendars marks another milestone in our efforts to dependably move all of your product data to cloud.

How to access the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant: The tool is already installed in Confluence 6.13 and above and can also be downloaded from the Atlassian Marketplace. Learn more about how to use Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant.

Here’s what to expect from Team Calendars migration :

To ensure a clear understanding of the feature's support at launch, here is an overview of the data types that Team Calendars migrates and what is not currently supported.

What is migrated

What isn’t migrated

• Team calendars from Team Calendars app version 7.0.0 and above

• Team Calendars part of native Data Center version 7.11 and above

• Jira-based Team Calendar events

• Internal Subscriptions

Learn more about Team Calendar components that are not migrated.

How to migrate Team Calendars data using the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant

The Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant now enables you to migrate Team Calendars as part of your space data. Once you select your destination cloud site, follow these steps:

1. Select Spaces

select spaces.png

2. Proceed to User and groups selection, and select an option that picks up all users associated with the Team calendars you are migrating

users and groups.png

1. Select Check for errors to identify any errors associated with Team Calendars

check for errors.png

1. Once you check for errors, review and run your migration

For more information on how to use the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate team calendars data, please visit the Atlassian support documentation.

However, if you come across any challenges while migrating, please contact support.

If you have feedback or questions about Team Calendars migrations, please let us know in the comments below or leave your feedback on this Jira ticket.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why haven’t all my users associated with calendars been migrated?

Some users in Team Calendar events may not be migrated if they are not associated with the selected spaces. During migration, if you choose to migrate specific users associated with the selected spaces, users from other spaces who are part of Team Calendars but not directly linked to the selected spaces will not be included. Learn more about migrating users with team calendars

2 comments

P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2024

Thanks for providing this support.

In my opinion this comes pretty late considering that end of life for server is just around the corner. Of course it will help customers still being on server version who still haven't decided or are just preparing for the migration.
However, the fact that Team Calendars is an Atlassian developed plugin and migration support was not introduced in the first or second phase of CCMA development is astonishing.

Instead, customers or Atlassian partners had to work with an unofficial migration script. Ok, it's better than have no way to migrate but since this feature is only available in Premium and Enterprise versions of Confluence Cloud and had to be purchased separately for server customers (and a long time for DC as well) is not customer friendly.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
BG Pantaleon January 30, 2024

Our CCMA version is 3.9.4 and Confluence DC is 17.19.6 but I cannot seem to see that the Calendar is being migrated.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events