How to apply app promo codes in the new billing engine

Recently Atlassian unlocked marketplace promotions on our new billing engine. This new capability is delivered through the application of ‘promo codes', which Atlassian customers can either apply directly or with the help of an Advocate when purchasing marketplace apps.

Where do I apply the promo code myself?
If a customer wants to add a promo code for an app to their entitlement, they can do so via the admin.atlassian.com/billing portal.

How do I apply the promo code myself?
To apply a promo code:

1. Select Subscriptions from the side navigation.

2. In the subscriptions table, find the app you have a promo code for and select Manage.

3. Select More actions (...) > Enter promo code.

4. Enter your promo code and select Validate, then select Apply discount.

When the code is validated, you’ll see on the subscription details page that the discount is scheduled to begin at the start of your next billing cycle.

Note: You can also override an active promotional discount with a different promo code.

How do I remove a promo code?
At this time, promo codes can only be removed by Advocates.

How do I ask for help from an Advocate?

Reach out to one of our advocates for support here.

As always, to learn more on this and other topics, check out our support documentation.

xo

Elizabeth

12 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

@Elizabeth Miller - hi Elizabeth! I'm not seeing the More Actions image - can you re-add it to the page?

Try opening this page in an incognito browser and you might see the same issue I'm seeing. I get this error when I try opening the image:

{"error":{"code":"JwtAuthoriser:TokenExpiredError","title":"Token verification failed: jwt expired","href":"https://api.media.atlassian.com#UnauthorizedError"}}
Like # people like this
Elizabeth Miller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2023

@Dave Liao it should be fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2023

@Elizabeth Miller - thanks for the quick turnaround! And thanks for this article! 🙌

Like # people like this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2023

Similar to @[deleted] I am not seeing the ... more actions options to allow me to apply the promo codes to an instance. 

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Miller
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

@Phill Fox I apologize...let me clarify...you don't see it in the billing portal?

Like # people like this
Chris C _ Digital Rose April 10, 2023

Hello, we are a marketplace vendor with a few apps.   Our Billing screen does not have a side navigation panel at all (and the URL is redirected to something called Billing Preview).    We are trying to provide one of our customers a promo code but worried because this looks pretty broken...   please advise.

Chjris
Digital Rose  

Like # people like this
Marc Preußner April 12, 2023

Hi,

I am a Site Admin for the cloud instance of a client and I am trying to follow the instructions for applying a promo code that we got from the vendor.

However, I do not have a "Subscriptions" navigation point in the side navigation.

If I navigate to "Billing" and select "Manage" for the appropriate app in the Billing Preview, I am forwarded to "Manage subscriptions" where I see a list of all Atlassian and 3rd party apps. Clicking on "..." for the app in question only gives me the options "Delete" and "Get support".

In short: Confusing as navigation still is, I am never offered the "More actions" or "Enter promo code" options that you have mentioned.

Can you please elaborate on why that may be? 

Thanks in advance, cheers

Marc

Like # people like this
Keri Miriello
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2023

@Chris C _ Digital Rose I don't believe this is a broken experience. Try choosing which subscription within Billing Preview you want to add a promo code to - you should be dropped into the right screen from there. 

Billing Preview is a catch all screen that acts as a gateway into the new billing space. 

If you're still having issues, please do reach out for support. 

https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing

Like # people like this
Mark Poppitt
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2023

@Marc Preußner Your experience will be different if the site you're administering is still on the legacy billing engine. You will need to follow the old instructions for applying app promo codes, please see this post and this instructional pdf for details.

Thanks

Like # people like this
Berat Altunhan April 25, 2023

Hi everyone,

@Elizabeth Miller  I am not seeing Timesheet app in the billing preview page. Will it come to that list after I update the app? There for I did not see ... more action button. 

Like # people like this
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2023

Our customers continue to reach out to us asking how to apply promotion codes for our Apps. That's why we created this guide on our blog on how to apply a promo / discount code for Jira or Confluence apps. Hope it helps. 

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2023

Hi @Lukas Gotter _ Meetical , you saved my day... thank you very much ;)

@Elizabeth Miller the blogpost by Lukas provides simple "how to" instructions how to apply promotion code and it is much more better than official documentation. Does it make sense to update https://support.atlassian.com/subscriptions-and-billing/docs/apply-a-promo-code-to-an-app-purchase/?

Like Randy O_Neal likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events