Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teams in Advanced Roadmaps: What's changing, and what you need to know

135 comments

Juhyun Kim April 25, 2023

you've shared this upcoming change 2 month ago, and my team is preparing for the change. When this will be actually rolled out? We are holding for the change for some time. Please let us know the exact date.

Like # people like this
Joy Marshall April 26, 2023

Not sure if someone already asked this but how does this change impact teams until the updates are made? I'm having an issue seeing a newly created shared team when creating new jira tickets. The team has been shared and updated in my roadmap. 

Like Rebecca Hylek likes this
Ismaël
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2023

Hi, could you provide us with a roadmap, so we can know when this feature will be available?

Like # people like this
Alexandra Napp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2023

Hi, when will this be out so that we can start using it?

Like # people like this
Etai Leers May 1, 2023

I saw that the Early Access Program will see the first stages of the rollout in February of 2023.

What about the others? What is the expected date for all those changes to be finish rollout for everyone

Like # people like this
Ruth Mantle May 1, 2023

@Rhys Christian 

I've seen multiple requests asking for an ETA on when this feature will be rolled out to non EAP participants. Appreciate it if you can provide ball park timeframe. 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? 

Like # people like this
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2023

@Rhys Christian 

We're waiting for feedback about the release time.

Will we be able to @mention a team using Jira automation? I haven't been able to figure it out, so I assume it isn't supported yet.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Automation-questions/What-smart-value-can-I-use-to-a-Team/qaq-p/2014541

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Is there away I can get a update on a date that this will take effect in our environment?

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2023

Hey everyone - thank you for your continued feedback.

There's a lot of questions about the ETA for this to rollout so I'll provide an update. Unfortunately we cannot provide a specific ETA this will rollout. Truthfully we would have rolled out by now but challenges surfaced that meant we had to pause and delay the rollout.

You may have seen some mention about this in prior comments, but we're making a change to a foundational aspect of this concept as it was an issue for a portion of Enterprise customers. The initial intent was for Teams to be a purely org-wide concept, but this raised concerns with organisations that have many distinct sub-organisations (i.e conglomerates). So the team is working on resolving this which is in the direction of making Teams site-scoped w/ the option of extending them to org-scoped.

I recognise we've kept you all waiting on this for a while and we are very eager to finally ship it out to you all. While I can't give an ETA, we expect to still deliver within our Public roadmap window. As we approach closer to implementing this change and rolling-out we'll be able to provide a more accurate ETA.

Thank you for your patience on this.

Like Chris Francuz likes this
Michael Sisario
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 17, 2023

We would like the ability to sort by Teams in a jira query.  Will any of these changes allow sorting?

Sam Ayres May 22, 2023

Great news! Will we see similar functionality extended to Jira Service Management?

Nicolas Le Corno June 15, 2023

Hi @Rhys Christian 

Can you give us more details on sync with external directory (Okta for instance) or Groups (populated via Okta)?
Will it be possible to sync our directory architecture and Atlassian Teams?

Everybody on the instance can Create, modify, delete a Team.
As an Admin, I can't imagine how to manage it as is.
What is it planned in terms of Administration?

Romani Rupasinghe June 22, 2023

@John Haworth Hi John could you please assist me in understanding if there is a team member who goes on multiple days of holidays does an advanced roadmap allow them to track their capacity planning individually? My requirement is lets say there are three members in my team. One member goes 2 days holiday and the other goes 1 day holiday. In the sprint capacity planning I am aware I can reduce the collectively three days and plan. but I want to know how can I assign less work accordingly to the two individuals and know whether they are over allocated or under allocated ? 

John Haworth June 23, 2023

Hi @Romani Rupasinghe 

Your team is set up with all 3 members in the same team which wont allow you do do this. 

To achieve this each person has to be their own team. This is a work around which means that team is very similar to the assignee field. I add a automation so that when the Assignee changes it updates the team automatically to save effort. You set the capacity of each person each sprint.

To make this work all work has to be assigned at the start of the sprint, you cant allocate work as you go.

Its not always peoples preferred way to work but we have skill bottlenecks were a single person is the only person who can do a job and this allows me to mange constraints. 

Romani Rupasinghe June 23, 2023

Hi @John Haworth Thank you for your response. 

Can you please elaborate more on how to do the below,

I add automation so that when the Assignee changes, it updates the team automatically to save effort. -> how can I do this ?

You set each person's capacity in each sprint -> I am unaware of how to do this in Jira Premium.  

Like # people like this
John Haworth June 26, 2023

@Romani Rupasinghe 

So the Automation is a little tricky 

• As an admin, access Automation> Global automation 
  • Use the trigger when issue is assigned, Then the condition IF Assignee = Fred 
  • Then, Edit issue field. 
    • You need to go to your custom fields and find the Team field that is set up when you install roadmaps and find out what its custom field ID is and then replace it in this bit of code below. 
    • You also need to edit the '70' to match the name of the team to the assignee. which you can find  by querying the Team field in filters. 

{

"fields": {

"customfield_10114": "70"

}

}

You then repeat this for EVERY employee you have. there is a cap on the number of automation steps you can have in each automation, but you can get around this by having a multiple automations doing the same thing. Its a tad clunky and you need to make sure that when you have new starters you add them to the automation. 

For editing the capacity on each sprint you have to use roadmaps. I've put a screen shot of this in an earlier post. 

Hope Man June 26, 2023

Any word on when this will finally be implemented for everybody?

I have been teasing it internally for some time now.

Antonio Biviano July 12, 2023

Hi; Is there a current update with a planned date.

Like ilia kassianenko likes this
Brian Taylor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 19, 2023

Hi, will the Shared Team unification extend to Opsgenie as well?

Nicolas Le Corno July 19, 2023

Shared team is for Jira advanced roadmap
Atlassian Teams is cross product

At the end, Shared team will be merged with Atlassian Teams. Only Atlassian Teams will remain.

Like Brian Taylor likes this
Yerbol Nisanbayev
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2023

Hi @Brian Taylor , yes it will!

We are integrating Teams with OpsGenie and Shared teams will be integrated sometime next year. 

Like # people like this
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
August 1, 2023

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to share that we'll be resuming the rollout of Team unification soon for Jira software Premium customers.

The community post has been updated with some more information in anticipation for our rollout.

Thank you for your patience on these changes.
Our teams are excited to finally get it in your hands.

Cheers,

Like # people like this
Dan W August 11, 2023

Will the team field be a single select or multi-select?  Will it be available in JSM projects?  We are looking at ways to have a development team assigned to our service bugs and feature requests so the agents know which team is responsible for making sure the problem/feature is addressed.  I can see this field type being useful to us.

Like # people like this
Alexandre Krammel August 17, 2023

Is there a way (or plans) to limit the permission to Create Teams, just as there is the "Create team-managed projects" permission in Jira > System > Global Permissions?

For a medium to large organization, the restriction is a way to have a curated creation of Projects and Teams, avoiding duplication and ambiguity. 

Like Chris Tetzlaff likes this
Eirik Aune August 17, 2023

This sounds great.  Will there be the ability to use the "in" particle with the Team Property the JQL query?  For example, I would really like to be able to do something like "assignee in Team[Team]"

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events