cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the Program board in Plans!

36 comments

Andrei Eleodor Sirbu September 4, 2024

This is great, many thanks !

We would like to use these boards for PI Planning Events but unfortunately we cannot change the duration of each iteration. 

Hopefully the next update will fix this 

Like Takayuki Hirota likes this
Sruti Desai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2024

Hi @Ірина Семеновська ! Thanks so much for your feedback.
Can you please clarify your request for me so I can better understand your use case? Were you wanting a way to persist the filters? How would the saving of filters allow you to avoid adding a label to each child issue?

Sruti Desai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2024

Hi @Andrei Eleodor Sirbu
Thank you for providing your feedback, we appreciate it:)
Unfortunately individual iteration durations cannot be modified after the program board has been created. However, we have a feature where you can sync each iteration to a sprint which might be able to help you out. You can set any start + end dates to your sprints within Jira which will allow you to use your sprint durations for each iteration. You can read more about it here. Please let me know if you have any further feedback or questions and I can help you out.

Thanks!

Like Andrei Eleodor Sirbu likes this
Andrei Eleodor Sirbu September 10, 2024

@Sruti Desai Hello ! Thanks a lot for your answer I had no idea this feature was available. 

I'll try it out for sure if it works it's a real time saver on many levels.

Have a great day

Andrei

Like Sruti Desai likes this
William _Bill_ Klein October 1, 2024

Some of my dev teams have started to use this new feature and really like it.   We still see it flagged as 'beta',  any ETA on when it will be officially released?

I checked this site Cloud Roadmap | Atlassian  and it just shows Beta has been released.  

Andrei Eleodor Sirbu October 1, 2024

A quick update on this feature - it's a shame we are forced to have six iterations for a program board. We are forced to create a fake sprint in each team scrum board in order to be able to use the program board. 

We try to use it with two program boards (one for features and one for user stories).

Do you think we will be able to chose the number of iterations ourselves ? 

Kind regards

Frank Klein Koerkamp
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 3, 2024

Where is the program board now? It disapeared today from our environment?

Like # people like this
Andrei Eleodor Sirbu October 3, 2024

@Frank Klein Koerkamp Same here, all the plans we have are now cut and the buttons are not in the same place anymore.

There's probably an update going on 

Like # people like this
Joshua Vermillion October 3, 2024

Why did this disappear from my instance today? I just planned our Q and now it's gone!

Like alyssa_reid likes this
Eddie Meardon
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2024

Hi @Frank Klein Koerkamp @Joshua Vermillion @Andrei Eleodor Sirbu

We did have a brief site issue yesterday that caused some UI issues. It should be fixed now. 

Hopefully, your planning goes smoother from here out :) 

Like # people like this
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2024

Hey everyone,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedbacks here and in-product. 

Just sharing an update on the latest capability that we've just started to rollout: Flexible Cadences. This will allow you to have more control over the duration of your cadences as well as the number of them. You can read more about it in this Community article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-planning-articles/Program-Board-feature-update-more-flexibility-in-your-board/ba-p/2830382
cc: @Andrei Eleodor Sirbu

@William _Bill_ Klein we're currently aiming to have GA release delivered by the end of this Calendar year. The main feature we're building for this milestone will be a powerful visualisation of dependencies within the Program Board. I expect the Atlassian public roadmap should be updated sometime soon and will include this timeframe for the GA release. 

Like Frank Klein Koerkamp likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events