Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the same epic in multiple projects

Ricky Villa July 19, 2018

Hi, we have created multiple projects. We have created an epic in one of the projects, but we want to be able to view that same epic in another project. That way it can be visible in the active sprints as well of the new project.

Or do we have to create a new epic of the same name in every project? We want to just have one and have issues of both projects referencing it.

5 answers

2 votes
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

hi @Ricky Villa

This might not be a full answer but hope this helps you. 😊 

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

Hey Ricky,

You can have multiple issues (Story level) tied to a single Epic, if the issue source brings multiple projects.

Example:

ABC-1  is an Epic, with stories XYZ-234 and BLA-456

https://cl.ly/412z3A0f3d1o

0 votes
Elene Kadagishvili
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2024

Hey @Ricky Villa  
Did you fix this issue or find some solution? 

0 votes
Chenthil Kumar S September 20, 2021

@Ricky Villa did you find a solution?

0 votes
sc January 10, 2020

hi @Ricky Villa , di you find a solution for your point as I am looking exactly for the same thing but could not get it actually.

Any  help ?

regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events