How do I clear previously set editable dates in "scheduling" section

Saldy Antony March 2, 2019

There are 3 editable fields under the scheduling section for each epic/story in the portfolio for JIRA scope

1) Earliest start

2) Target start

3) Target due date

I assume these dates are used by the scheduling algorithm. I had previously set these dates and now I would like to clear it so scheduling algorithm can do its magic. I can't seem to figure out how to clear it. Any thoughts?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hello Saldy,

The Earliest Start date and the Target Dates are manually entered items, and removing them can be done by selecting the field and deleting the value, or modifying the value to a new entry. 

Noting You can add Target dates to an issue the Earliest Start Date field is only available in Portfolio and not able to be modified on the jira issue directly:

Regards,
Earl

Saldy Antony March 4, 2019

Thanks, Earl. You mention that "removing them can be done by selecting the field and deleting the value", I have tried it with Chrome and MS Edge browser and it doesn't select or allow me to delete. I can modify the dates but I just want to delete the dates and unable to do it.

Saldy

Like Gary Pezza likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2019

Hi Saldy,

I was playing around with this a bit on Mac and Windows and found that in Portfolio 2.25.0 (on Live Plans) any delete option would work without issue, Backspace, Delete, using space key to leave an empty whitespace, the clear key (on mac) on a Server deployment,  and Backspace or Delete would work on cloud, excluding the Clear key option on Mac keyboards and not able to leave a whitespace in the field as invalid character recognition.

But in the the Portfolio Early Access New Experience it looks like only the Backspace Key is working to clear out the field, and the other deletion options are no longer functioning in the early Access.  Since you noted the "Earliest start" date field as one affected fields it does not sound like this is the case for you as this field is no longer In the new experience, as we're simplifying the experience by using only one type of date field and thats the target I created the following Bug report on this behavior, and I'm linking it here incase anyone runs into it and comes across this post:

But to look further into the behavior you are seeing we need to narrow down a few points.  First can you confirm if you are using Live plans or the new experience, and are you on Cloud or Server?  If you are on server, what version of Jira, and Portfolio are you running on?

Regards,
Earl

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events