Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Hierarchy in JIRA Portfolio

Jenine Wech December 27, 2016

It appears that in a recent update, the hierarchy link between a custom level (parent to Epic) lost linkage to the child level. Can anybody tell me what might have happened? We have hundreds of issues that now need to be re-linked.

3 answers

1 vote
ali-map January 4, 2017

Support came through - dead simple though not terribly intuitive:

That Story issue type that is currently on top of the Epic was manually added since you can see the "Remove" link in the "Actions" column.
To make the Story issue type below the Epic again you would need to remove the manual entry (by clicking the Remove link) and the Story issue type will be below it since it will be encompass by the "All other standard issue types" option, which is the default hierarchy as explained here Configuring initiatives and other hierarchy levels.

1 vote
ali-map January 3, 2017

I think I am having the same issue. Any help out there?

Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

I too facing same issue, Unable to move/configure, EPIC->Story...Something was changed recently.

0 votes
Jenine Wech January 4, 2017

Atlassian support tracked down the problem - for the custom issue type we created, we did not need "Fix Version" - however, Portfolio requires this field on the issue. Once Fix Version was added back to the custom issue, everything worked fine once again.

ali-map January 4, 2017

Thanks, Jenine. I'm not actually using a custom issue type, so I was mistaken. I think my issue may not be exactly the same, but still seems somewhat related... hopefull Atlassian support can help me too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events