Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for when a comment is EDITED/MODIFIED?

Kenan Carames July 21, 2022

So I made a gadget in my team's dashboard that shows items in order of most recently commented, since we use that for a lot of our notes and updates for issues. This is driven by a custom field called "Latest Comment" that is automated to update every time someone comments on an issue. The issue I have is that when someone edits their comment, it does not trigger this automation and update the field. I tried to create another automation to update this custom field each time the issue is updated, but this didn't seem to work... any ideas?

3 answers

1 vote
Vitali March 29, 2023

Hello Kenan,

It is a little bit hidden, but when you select 'Multiple issue events', you will get the options to use 'comment edited' and 'comment deleted' actions as trigger for your automation rule. This is available for Jira Data Center.

Bildschirm­foto 2023-03-29 um 18.57.03.png

0 votes
Raghavendra kaushik March 14, 2023

@Kenan Caramesdid you get a response to your above query? I have a same requirement and we too have our JIRA running on data centre. So unable to view that trigger. Is that trigger available on only cloud?

0 votes
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2022

Hello @Kenan Carames

Have you tried the "Issue Comment Edited" trigger?

Screen Shot 2022-07-21 at 10.04.01 AM.png

I think this trigger will work based on the use case you described.

Hope this helps!

Kenan Carames July 21, 2022

Thank you for the response! This is exactly what I'm looking for but that option doesn't seem to be available for me... not sure why. Maybe it has something to do with the version I am running? I have Jira Data Center

Comment_Trigger.PNG

Alejandro Acevedo April 12, 2024

Hello.

Is it possible checking if specific text was published in the comment? I am trying to execute an automation that starts when the comment is edited, but I could not set a condition to check if the comment is or contains specific text.

Jira1.png

Alejandro Acevedo April 14, 2024

I have found the answer from other case, the comment field is a list, for my case I was able to check the last comment using this smart value {{issue.comments.last}}

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events