cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Themes available in Advanced Roadmap

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2020

Good old Portfolio had a Themes option that was super useful. I just built out a proposed solution using Advanced Roadmaps only to discover I can't find Themes anywhere! Is it gone? Does it have a new name? I really need that option. 

Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2020

Themes has been replaced by hierarchy levels, which allows you to set up our own levels. I believe the plan was to out phase themes, in version 3 of Portfolio if I remember correctly they started hiding themes.

Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2020

Thanks for the info. I'll stop hunting for them. The advantage to Themes is you could apply them across the hierarchy levels. Since hierarchy levels have always been a core part of Portfolio I don't see how they are a replacement for a feature that is totally different :( 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2020

I asked at the last live Summit about it and if I remember correctly the answer why moving away from themes was because it was not being used that much according to their research, but I agree, themes was very useful.

Like Patrice Champet likes this
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2020

I just wanted to make a minor correction to the answer. Hierarchy levels were not introduced to replace themes - the previous interface for Advanced Roadmaps (known as "Live Plans") already let you add additional hierarchy levels.

I've provided a more detail explanation here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Advanced-Roadmaps-discussions/Use-Case-Managing-an-OKR-driven-organisation-using-Advanced/td-p/1472417#M304

Regards,

Dave

Like Michael Andolfatto likes this
0 votes
Jeff Miller December 22, 2022

To create the hierarchy Above Epic you need to add Themes and Initiatives. See the link below for details. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-custom-hierarchy-levels-in-advanced-roadmaps/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events