Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing List Mode in Advanced Roadmaps

Hi, I’m Bree, your friendly neighborhood Product Manager for Jira Premium. I’m here today to talk to you about a highly-requested feature that’s in the final stages of rollout. 

We hope this feature will allow you to manage Jira data in a faster, easier and very familiar way.

Many customers tell us that they already try to collapse the timeline as much as possible so they have better access to their data, so we’ve removed the need for that workaround with list mode in Advanced Roadmaps.

Introducing the List in Advanced Roadmaps!

You can now access a version of your plan that doesn’t focus on the timeline structure. To do this, select the List toggle next to the View settings button:

TimelinToggle.gif

Select this toggle to view a ‘second page’ of your plan where you’re free to add more columns to show more detail, or tell a completely different story with your data:

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 11.23.21 am.png

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 11.23.43 am.png

When you toggle between the timeline and the list, any columns that you add won’t carry over. In the images above, my list shows more columns containing heaps of information; this allows me to only show a few columns when viewing my timeline bars. You can also reorder columns through the Fields drop down.

All the existing filtering and grouping options apply to the List as well as the ability to embed it into Confluence and other sharing options.

We’d love to know what you think

This is a feature that we’re only beginning to embrace, so we’d love to hear your feedback. Let us know what you like (or don’t like) about the List using the Give feedback button on your plan. You can also leave a comment here or find a time that suits to chat using Calendly.

We can't wait to hear what you think!

Cheers
Bree

12 comments

Daniel Franz - JXL
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 18, 2023

Thanks for the update, this looks great Bree! Looking forward to trying it out.

We at JXL for Jira know that Jira users love table views of their issues. Shameless plug: For anyone interested in managing their work like this beyond Advanced Roadmaps plans and Jira Software, grab a free trial of JXL here.

jxl-demo-cloud-view-v7.png

JXL is the all-in-one issue editor and organizer. The power of Jira with the simplicity of spreadsheets. Inline-edit issues in highly customizable tables, copy-paste fields individually or in bulk, sum up, rank, group, and structure issues in custom hierarchy structures, apply conditional formatting rules, and much more. Available for Jira Cloud, Data Center and Server. Easier faster Jira.

Like # people like this
Judah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2023

Is this feature available for Data Center instances? If not, any timeline to add? 

Like John Dunkelberg likes this
Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Judah this is Cloud only at this stage. 

Like Judah likes this
Judah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2023

Okay good to know, thank you for the great article! @Bree Davies 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2023

@Bree Davies -

Thanks for sharing.  It will also be great to keep us updated when it is also available for the Data Center env too.

Best, Joseph

Like Julian Dumitrascu likes this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 27, 2023

Yes! I know some of our clients have been asking for this and they are currently using it as part of third-party add-ons. Great way to update Advanced Roadmaps! 🙌

Like Bree Davies likes this
Kendall Totten September 28, 2023

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! This is so marvelous, I've been waiting for this for a long time!! 

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2023

Thank you @Tomislav Tobijas and @Kendall Totten

Look forward to hearing your detailed feedback!

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this
Kendall Totten October 4, 2023

One question for Team Atlassian: are you going to add the capability to collapse columns in the list view by clicking on the column name, the way you can in the timeline view? This would be a hopefully easy and useful feature, please & thank you!

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2023

@Kendall Totten keen to hear more about this, is this because you prefer to avoid horizontal scroll?

Kendall Totten October 20, 2023

Hi @Bree Davies! Yes, I like to show a lot of columns (priority, assignee, status, dates, labels, etc) and I often work from a laptop so I have less visual space. I think the horizontal scroll bar is just one solution for making best use of the space.

But another important reason is if I'm screen-sharing with others, I want to collapse columns to reduce visual noise so we can focus on a particular thing such as updating priority & rank for example, but then it's really useful to be able to pop open the labels column to quickly tag something if needed, and then collapse it again. Plus as a general UX nicety, it's functionality I'm already used to in the timeline view, so it seems strange that its missing from the list view. I find myself doing frustration-clicks on the headings often, thinking they are broken.

Thanks!

Himanshu Singh
Atlassian Team
January 4, 2024

Hi community! :atlassian:

It's great to see your interest in list mode and the feedback you have shared so far @Tomislav Tobijas and @Kendall Totten.

If you'd like to contribute to the future roadmap of Jira Plans (formerly known as Advanced Roadmaps), the Jira Software Product Team is on the lookout!

We'd love to learn about how you have found our recently shipped features and how we can help simplify how you manage projects across teams.

What’s involved in the research:

• Sessions are 1 hour and conducted over Zoom, so you can participate remotely.

• During the research, we'll start with a general chat to get to know you. Then learn more about how you currently use Plans, the recently shipped features, and any other feedback you may have so we can find ways to make Plans even more useful for you.

📆 Register Interest

If you're interested in taking part, please schedule a time that works for you using Calendly.

If you have any other questions at all, feel free to reply to this comment. We look forward to meeting you!

Cheers,

Himanshu

Jira Software Product Team

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events