Script Runner Send a custom email From email address set to reporter

Dan Porter May 14, 2013

Hi. I would like to use the send a custom email built in script in my transition and have it sent from the reporters email address so that the recipients can email the reporter in a reply versus sending back to a static email address. Is this possible? I tried putting issue.reporter.emailAddress in the field but it throws an error for not being a valid email address.

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Not possible atm - you can enter an RFE if you like: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV - or make the customisation yourself.

Dan Porter May 14, 2013

Could I create a script file and run that script on transition to do it? If so, is there a template I can use for the custom email script so I can just modify it myself to add the issue reporter as the From field? Or is there a way to see the script that I already generated using the Custom Email built in functionality?

Dan Porter May 14, 2013

Could I create a script file and run that script on transition to do it? If so, is there a template I can use for the custom email script so I can just modify it myself to add the issue reporter as the From field? Or is there a way to see the script that I already generated using the Custom Email built in functionality?

Dan Porter May 14, 2013

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

If you select a built-in script there is a link to the source file on the page (in the colored box).

0 votes
Bahar Dehkordi July 12, 2018

@Henning Tietgens, @Dan Porter1

I have the exact same issue, but can't seem to find the link to the source file. Can you please advise? Thanks! 

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2018

Hi, the source files are not directly linked anymore. You have to extract them from the plugin archive.

Bahar Dehkordi July 24, 2018

Hi Hennig, can you please explain how to do that? We are still on the free trial. Would it be possible for us to extract it? Thank you!

Hi Hennig, can you please explain how to do that? We are still on the free trial. Would it be possible for us to extract it? Thank you!

Hi @Henning Tietgens thanks for your reply. Can you please briefly explain how to do it? We are still on the trial. Is this option open to us?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2018

Sure @Bahar Dehkordi, just download the plugin to your local computer from the plugin manager and extract the .jar file with a zip program. In the archive look into the directory com\onresolve\scriptrunner\canned\jira\workflow\postfunctions\ for the file SendCustomEmail.groovy to find the source.

BUT it seems that this is not necessary anymore with the current version, see https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.4.12/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_dynamic_control_over_recipients_and_from

Henning

Bahar Dehkordi July 27, 2018

Yes I had tried this "mail.setFrom("$issue.reporter")"  in the conditions and configuration before and it didn't work, but now works perfectly after the update! 

Thank you soo much :)

Bahar Dehkordi August 2, 2018

Wanted to add that "mail.setFrom("$issue.reporter")" did not work because it is not an email address. Used the below and worked!

mail.setFrom("$issue.reporter.emailAddress") mail.setReplyTo("$issue.reporter.emailAddress")

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dan Porter May 15, 2013

See it now. Thanks!

0 votes
Dan Porter May 14, 2013

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events