Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Linked Issues field Mandatory

viswa.reddy December 16, 2021

Hi Team,

We are using Cloud Jira and we want to make Linked issues as a mandatory field while creating the ticket. Please help me what I can do. 

We have Automation for Jira and Script runner plugins.

Regards

Viswa Mohan Reddy

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

Hi @viswa.reddy 

Please let me know if this link satisfies your requirement or we can look into a validator script in Scriptrunner.

Thanks,
Pramodh

viswa.reddy December 16, 2021

Hi Pramodh,

I don't see any link. Did you shared something?

Regards

Viswa Mohana Reddy

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021
Mohan December 20, 2021

Hi Pramodh, 

Thank you for the response. I think my requirement will be full filled using script runner validator only. 

Using one Validator, I made linked issues mandatory, But I want to restrict the linked issues to a single issue type. While adding the linked issue, they can not add a random ticket. The ticket which they are adding should be a particular issue type ticket with a relation of chaild of. 

Hope this can be done using script runner validator. Please help me with the script. 

Regards

Viswa Mohana Reddy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events