It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Error in create screen due to scripted validator[We can't create this issue for you right now [...]]

Celik Vedat Feb 05, 2018

Hello,

i've implemented a validator for a workflow. It validates whether a user is part of the jira project role "PROJEKT-ADMIN". The script does not show any errors. When the user is not part of that mentioned role i am getting the error messege i've implemented. If the user i part of that role i get this error:

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

Does smo has a clue?

this is my script validator:

screen.PNG

kr,

vedat

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Feb 06, 2018

The validator is a red-herring, the error is happening later in the process as you try to post the data on the issue.  Could we see the logs for the point of failure?

1 vote
Neta Elyakim Feb 06, 2018 • edited

This is the only validator in your transition? Do you have post functions?

can you send the log file after you try to create the issue?(so the error will show in the loges)

There are two questions like your that solved:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/We-can-t-create-this-issue-for-you-right-now-it-could-be-due-to/qaq-p/83478

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-am-getting-error-We-can-t-create-this-issue-for-you-right-now/qaq-p/190212

0 votes
Celik Vedat Feb 14, 2018

Thanks to your recommendations and support. The reason i've get this error was due to the sequence of an implemented scripted post-function. The script starts before the issue is created. After i've changed the sequence the error does not ouccure anymore.

best

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Handling Opsgenie Alerts

Hi everyone, welcome to the kb articles for Opsgenie FAQs. I'm one of the Technical Support Engineers for Opsgenie who will be providing weekly posts on FAQs from customers.   All alerts are ...

66 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you