Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in create screen due to scripted validator[We can't create this issue for you right now [...]]

Celik Vedat February 5, 2018

Hello,

i've implemented a validator for a workflow. It validates whether a user is part of the jira project role "PROJEKT-ADMIN". The script does not show any errors. When the user is not part of that mentioned role i am getting the error messege i've implemented. If the user i part of that role i get this error:

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

Does smo has a clue?

this is my script validator:

screen.PNG

kr,

vedat

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2018

The validator is a red-herring, the error is happening later in the process as you try to post the data on the issue.  Could we see the logs for the point of failure?

1 vote
Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2018

This is the only validator in your transition? Do you have post functions?

can you send the log file after you try to create the issue?(so the error will show in the loges)

There are two questions like your that solved:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/We-can-t-create-this-issue-for-you-right-now-it-could-be-due-to/qaq-p/83478

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-am-getting-error-We-can-t-create-this-issue-for-you-right-now/qaq-p/190212

0 votes
Celik Vedat February 14, 2018

Thanks to your recommendations and support. The reason i've get this error was due to the sequence of an implemented scripted post-function. The script starts before the issue is created. After i've changed the sequence the error does not ouccure anymore.

best

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events