Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which webinar app you used before or plan to use?

Peter Török April 3, 2020

Hi Community members.

I am curious about your experience regarding the meeting and webinar applications.
Which one do you prefer and why? What would you recommend for internal meetings, for webinars or for community events? 

My personal preference was the Zoom, but it seems I definitely have to change because of security reasons. 

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

Hi @Peter Török and welcome to Community!

I have used several applications for webinars:

• GoToWebinar - quite expensive and a bit old, but it's working well
  • Livestorm - my personal favorite! Lots of options: add automation rules, create live, on-demand or recurrent webinars, etc.
  • WebinarJam - we ran into a lot of bugs so would not recommend

For meetings:

• Slack - perfect for internal meetings
  • Google Meet - working well for me as I'm a GSuite user
  • Zoom - well, as you said, looks like there are some security issues :)

For Community events:

• Webex - it's the only one I've used because it was the company tool where I led an Atlassian Company User Group. It worked well but I find it a bit hard to use.

Let us know which tools you end up using!

- Manon

Peter Török April 3, 2020

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ Thank you for the detailed answer. It helps a lot :) 

I am in the middle of a test with GoToWebinar. Seems fine.

As far as I can see, there is plenty of choices, but the saint grail which is good for everyone doesn't exist. The perfect choice requires a lot of researches and tests. 

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

I think I have used them all at some point. Here they are in the order of my usage today:

1. Teams (used for work)
  2. Zoom (used for Atlassian activities as well as friends and family, NOTE: there is a lot of bad press on the lack of security around this and IMO if they don't act quickly they will see a big exodus)
  3. GoToMeeting (used for work)
  4. Webex (used for work but very rare, only when the host uses)
  5. BlueJeans (very rare these days now that Atlassian switched to Zoom)
  6. Skype for business (given it is being EOL-d I no longer use though some at work do)

I also heavily use Slack for all Community/Atlassian activities but that is about it as we use Teams at work.

Peter Török April 6, 2020

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your answer. It seems you have plenty of experience, I am glad you shared with us. I will definitely consider your suggestions.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

The last few weeks I have had to use pretty much all of them... it's been crazy!
(Am in a very commercial PM role!)

Herewith my two favourite and why:

1) MS Teams for the corporate. Seems to be really stable and with it being one of preferred tools at work, it's got everything we need for our calls (internal and external)

2) Zoom for all Atlassian Virtual ACEs. Stability is great and people seem to be more willing to come join a Zoom event rather than an MS Teams event (or other!) I really love the ability to have different views of cameras as well (gird, speak, etc) That really helps with hosting and monitoring expressions to stimulate interaction.

Peter Török April 6, 2020

@Andy - PTC Redundant Thank you for your comment. I am also like both, but I am afraid I couldn't use the zoom for my virtual event even I also prefer it's camera settings.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events