Getting jira filter subscription notification even the filter is not subscribe

Meech January 9, 2012

Hi,

Some of my user receive subscription filter notification. checked that they are not subscribe the filter but they received the notification and when they tried to unsubscribe through the link provided in the notification, they got permission violation error message. Any idea what is going on and how can i help my user? Please advice.

thanks in advance

regards,

Michelle

6 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

A hint, even though I am not sure whether this is the same case. Remember a similar situation in which the subscriptions remained when a shared filter was unshared later and then deleted. Once this happened, it wasn't possible to unsubscribe and we had to delete the subscriptions from the Jira database table directly.

Was this the error message the users getting?

"PERMISSION VIOLATIONIt seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.If you think this message is wrong, please consult your administrators about getting the necessary permissions."

If remember correctly we deleted the filter as well as the subscription by directly running these commands in the Jira database as per Atlassian support recommendation. (Just backup the data before you do this, in case you do a mistake)

delete from filtersubscription where filter_i_d = <<your filter id>>              #This deletes the subscriptions

delete from searchrequest where id = <<your filter id>>                           #This deletes the filter itself

Meech January 10, 2012

Hello, yeap, this is the error message the user get. And Okay I will try on the commands that you recommended and let u know if it's works or not. thanks

0 votes
Lara López García September 2, 2013

Hello, I know it is a bit late to join the discussion but I have checked nearly everywhere. We are having the same issue with different users and filters, AND we have deleted the subscription and filter from the database with the above queries but the emails keep on coming. I am wondering if maybe the JQL query forl the filter is stored somewhere else where it keeps getting sended.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

Even if the individual subscriptions are not there, are they subscribed via a group? Has anybody subscribed to a group?

Meech January 10, 2012

hello,

checked no group filter subscribed as well :|

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2012

do you have a test instance of JIRA running, that may be sending out the report?

Meech January 9, 2012

checked, Jira test is also showing unsubscribe for all the filters. Or maybe it's a bug?

0 votes
Meech January 9, 2012

Hi,

No, there is only one email created and when check the Manage filter page, the reported filter has "None" subscriber. Also, my user said she unsubscribe the filter it 1 month ago. But today she get the notification again today.

0 votes
Dennis Benzinger | hybris GmbH January 9, 2012

Is there another user with the same email address? Or with an email address that is forwared to the users address?

Suggest an answer