We have existing Kanban board for multiple projects in the JIRA. I need to change the board type of the existing Kanban board type to Scrum board type. I am not getting for Backlog in the existing Kanban board type and sprint related functions as well. Please suggest the answer for the problem.
@Ajinkya Deshmukh
It is not possible to change the board type. You have to create a new scrum board by issue filter.
Although you created the project as a Kanban project it is very simple to add a Scrum board to it. A project can use both Kanban and Scrum views at the same time. Which is very useful for looking at different aspects of the project eg planned work (Scrum) vs support work (Kanban)
The way this is achieved is each board (Scrum and Kanban) should use a filter which excludes any items not to be considered. So if we take my example above and assume that all support work is of the issue type "BUG" we could have the following two JQL filters.
Scrum Board project = ABC AND issuetype != "BUG"
Kanban Board
project = ABC AND issuetype = "BUG"
As your existing Kanban board has a filter already defined you should go in and edit that filter to match what criteria you want to use for the Kanban board.
For your Scrum board you should follow these steps.
You should now have both boards available for your project. Please note you can also apply the same principle across multiple projects by using
project in (ABC,DEF,GHI)
where ABC,DEF,GHI are the project keys.
Thanks for the valuable answer @Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}!
Hi, Kanban now has the backlog feature, if you haven't found out yet.
Go to 'configure board', You can pull any status on to the backlog column to activate it.
@Amrita Nair
Thanks for the valuable answer, now it is working. Let me know if i can be any help to you regarding JIRA Administration.
You're welcome,
If you think, your question is answered, please accept the solution with the checksign.
Other users with similar questions can find answered questions more easy with such a marker.
Thank you
@Amrita Nair Done, thanks again for the valuable answer. I need more JIRA administration guide from your side. How can i take training from your side for advance JIRA Advance administration.
Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Sain
My project already has a Kanban board and i want to create a new scrum board and move all the issues in Kanban to the new Scrum board how can i do that ?
Hi, you will find a 'Create board' option when you click on the project icon on left hand side.
A project can have any number of items that can reflect on both Kanban and scrum boards.
Create a 'Scrum' board and pull the tickets into an active sprint.
hi
by clicking Project option, I got option of create project, not of create board.
I also want to shift to Scrum board
I got it in another way.
I have clicked scrum in search bar.
here I found the tab boards
by clicking boards
I go to a page Create board under projects.
but still do not know how to access it directly...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.