With the upcoming automation restrictions imposed by Atlassian, I would like to know if there are ways I can reduce the automations required to run.
I have a fair few rudimentary automations that perform actions based on the email address or summary of a ticket, but I don't think the automation rules have much more to help reduce the amount of times these automations are triggered?
Any help is appreciated.
Hey @Phillip C
I have some tips which we've checked out for our own automation rules:
Maybe some more people have additional guidance.
Cheers,Matthias.
thanks Matthias. However, the conditions to check for the somewhat simple details of an email sender or description or even summary of a ticket received is still counted towards automation consumption. But I'm happy to be proven wrong here!
I've definitely considered just morphing a bunch of conditions into a few larger automations that run on a schedule.. but that's against the principles of operating a service management project - I've SLA's and work to do. I also don't want to add additional filters for tickets where automation rules will be 'eventually' dealing with them.
If you remove the option to email a project and get users to request via the portal you can reduce automations used to triage emailed requests.
Using a portal enables users to select the correct type of request that can then be assigned to an issue type directly.
@Phillip C, I got triggered by the other comment to have another look at your post and wondered if you solved it for yourself already?
If not, I might have one more idea: If you omit the re-fetching of the issue data, your automation might actually be considered to run with "No action performed". We don't refetch the information for our rules which works fine for us - not sure if you have a specific reason to add it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.