Hi,
I read several threads regarding backup in cloud environment but I am stil confused.
I have, all cloud versions:
- Jira Software
- Jira Service Management
- Jira Discovery
- Confluence
I make regular backups manually (backups for Cloud)
1/ Am I right noticing that I have :
- 1 backup zip file for my Confluence site, that has all spaces, users, teams, configurations etc.
- 1 backup zip file for my Jira site, that seems to have all Jira software projects + Jira service projects + Jira Discovery projects, and all related teams, configurations etc.
I am making those backups in case something happens and I can reimport everything under a new Cloud instance
I read in several pages that it is NOT possible to restore directly a Confluence backup file when I have both Jira site and Confluence.
2/ Is it correct that in that case, I have to :
- Make a Jira site backup
- Backup every Confluence spaces, one by one, in CSV format
- Create new Jira and Confluence Cloud instances
- First import my Jira backup file from the Jira import tool of the new instance
- Then import each space one by one in the new Confluence Instance
3/ Won't I lose information, internal links, attachements, images, whiteboards or anything in this process ?
Many thanks for your help