Dear Jira Support Team,
I hope this email finds you well. I am seeking your assistance in setting up a Jira Automation rule to automatically assign tasks to the respective component leader. I have tried using Smart Values and the "copy" functionality, but I haven't been successful in achieving the desired result.
My objective is to have the assignee of a task set to the component leader whenever a task's component changes. I have explored using Smart Values to extract component leader information but couldn't find a direct way to achieve this.
Could you please confirm if there is a built-in functionality or method in Jira to accomplish this, either through Smart Values or other available features? If this is not currently supported, is there a workaround that I can implement to achieve this outcome? Additionally, if this feature is not available at the moment, are there any plans to introduce it in the near future?
I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions you can provide. Your expertise in this matter is crucial for our team's efficient task management and assignment.
Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
[Personal information removed as it is against community guidelines ]