Dear all ,
i have created an automation where upon creation, i am assiging the ticket to me, change a field and put a comment.
Then i am triggering an email and i am trying to get the ticket number in the subject or the email body.
However , i am not able to get the result i wish for.
Here is my workflow :
I have read following threads :
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-Automation-How-to-reference-a-newly-created-issue-key-in-an/qaq-p/1537181
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-Automation-Send-an-email-with-key-of-issue-created/qaq-p/1347484
But i could apply the solutions.
Thanks,
Dimitris
Hi @Dimitrios Papadopoulos
The {{createdIssue}} and {{createdIssues}} smart values apply for any issues you create while the rule is running:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/#--createdIssue--
To access the issue which triggered the rule, just use {{triggerIssue}} or just {{issue}} for the rule you showed.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy , many thanks for the fast reply.
I already have the {{issue.key}} in the rule here :
But it does not work.
I tried {{triggerIssue.key}} and it worked like a charm ! Much appreciated , thank you !
I am glad that helped, and...
Did you note that you misspelled it as {{issuse.key}} as that was probably another problem?
@Dimitrios Papadopoulos thanks for this solution, worked like a charm!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.