Hey All,
Here's the situation: we have an external form that anyone can fill out. It collects a name, email address, phone number, and a comment. This information is then emailed to our JSM project by a standard emailer.
Since the standard emailer is the received email address, it becomes the reporter (not shown in image). However, we want the email field in the form to become the reporter.(helloworld@example.com).
I'm using Automation to try to accomplish this. I create a variable to parse the email out.
`{{issue.description.substringBetween("Email : ","Phone #:")}}
Then I edit the issue using the advanced option.
{
"fields": {
"reporter": "{{reporteremailaddress}}"
}
} 
However, I'm not having much success, and I think it's because of the info pane in this Atlassian support article. "Due to recent GDPR changes, referencing user fields (such as reporter, assignee) now require the property id to be set with a user's account ID rather than using name."
Is there a way to make the email address the reporter? Or create and then pull an accountId from an email address?
Am I going about this all wrong and there is a much easier way to change the reporter?
Thank you for your help!