How to get <username> after "Add new Service Desk customer" automation?

Ian Riley April 5, 2018

I am collecting an email address (CC) for JIRA issues that we want to use for the "Request Participant". I can get the value from the custom field {{issue.customfield_10056}} for an automation rule to "Add new Service Desk customer" and they get added correctly. However, when I try to set the request participant using the email, nothing happens with the "Request Participant" field (although I don't get any errors.

{
"fields": {

"customfield_10015": [{"emailAddress": "{{issue.fields.customfield_10056}}"}]}

}

When I try to set it using the name, I get an error "Error editing issuesTS-153 (Could not find usernames: ian@magazinemanager.com (customfield_10015))"

{
"fields": {

"customfield_10015": [{"name": "{{issue.fields.customfield_10056}}"}]}

}

Is there a way to get the username from the previous automation step where we "Add new Service Desk user"? Can I use the newly created user as a request participant to the issue that was just created?

Note: after the automation adds the service desk user, I am able to set it manually to that user by typing in their email address in the request participants. So everything is in place, I just don't have the new user name.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2018

Hi Ian,

You should be able to use the {{customer}} smart-value.  The "Add new SD customer" action will populate this with the user object.  So you can then use {{customer.name}}.

I think you can even do this with the simple form:

edit-request-participants.png

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Andreas

Ian Riley April 6, 2018

That worked perfectly, exactly as in the screen shot. Thank you.

0 votes
Dax Tulpenventer May 12, 2020

Hi @andreas 

How do you set the customer to the reporter-field when they already have an account? This means the step of adding a new customer and populating the customer-fields is skipped, right?

I only have the e-mailadress of the customer to go on.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events