Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work’n It: What I Love About Using Jira with Confluence

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2023

I use Jira and Confluence together every day and there are many integrations between the two tools that are so helpful! Here are some of my favorites:

• Create Jira issues directly from Confluence - I was so excited recently when I saw this was released. I am constantly in Confluence and now when I need to create a Jira issue I don't even have to leave Confluence to do so! You can find more information about this here
  • Release Notes Feature in Jira - Same with this feature; I was so excited recently when I saw this was released. This saves me tons of time as I used to write out release notes manually and now Jira and Confluence do it for you. You can find more information about this here
  • Jira Links in Confluence and Confluence Links in Jira - I love the linking up between Jira and Confluence. When viewing a confluence page that has been linked in a Jira ticket, it will show up at the top of the page. Same in Jira; when viewing a Jira ticket there is a section under Linked issues that shows linked Confluence pages. 
  • Switching between Jira and Confluence in one click - Using the Switch to button at the top of any Atlassian product, you can switch between Atlassian tools. If I am in confluence and need to switch to Jira Software or Trello I can in one click! 

So those are my favs...what are yours? I'm always looking for new shortcuts and would love if you would share some with me! 

5 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2023

Looking forward to trying this out!

Like # people like this
Thierry Dalon July 9, 2023

The first link is broken. Maybe you meant https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/resources/guides/extend-functionality/confluence-jira#add-jira-issues

Coming from the server side I was surprised you mentioned it was released recently

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2023

Thank you @Thierry Dalon!

Like John Funk likes this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2023

I use both platforms every single day... excellent products!

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Thanks for the suggestions @Summer_Hogan !

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Mary Agueros July 11, 2023

I am looking forward to the day my team's Jira project is set up. We use Confluence now and will welcome  the integration. 

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events