Three Things I Wish I'd Known: Manon Soubies-Camy

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

It's time to share 3 things I wish I'd known when starting to post on Community!

#1 - Choose a unique avatar

meme.PNG

When working with Atlassian tools, you usually end up with several accounts: the one to log into a Cloud product, the one to manage licenses on my.atlassian.com, the one to ask questions on Community... Do you know with which account you're currently logged in? Have you ever tried to mention someone else in the Community? It can often look like this:

mention.png

And, well, it's not easy to choose the right one. The good news is that you can help others know which account to choose and never miss a notification! Just use a different avatar for each of your accounts - people will identify the one you're using on Community.

#2 - Keep up the good work

It can be daunting to answer questions and never get a reply.

hello-can-you-hear-me

But do not give up! As @miikhy said in his post, we all are humans. We all have our life, meetings, etc. that keep us away from keyboard and away from Community. People often get back to us a few weeks later because they didn't get a chance to try your suggestion or because they just forgot, and it's ok!

#3 - Pimp your replies

I love GIFs, that's no secret. So when I tried to reply to someone with a GIF and got this message:

gif-error.PNG

I got frustrated. But that's actually an easy one: you need to add some text along with your GIF (or image, it works the same). You can just mention the user you're replying to with a GIF, and it works!

I hope these three things help you get started with Community!

5 comments

Comment

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2018

Nice one, @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_! Trust me, I'm feeling great to be the poster child for multiple accounts (however, in only one of them did I actually have a choice of the name...).

giphy

However, in case you do want to mention me (before a fix is deployed to deal with these rogue accounts), the lower case one is the real one!

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2018

Since we talked about it during Community Day I figured you'd be a great example :D

I never realized you had a lower case one, thanks for mentioning it!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

#3 should be golden rule of community... always PIMP ! ! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor PIMP GIF

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2018

good tips @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_. I would not have thought of these which is good as I'm on the books for December to share my three but I have already had to cross of one as it was already covered. ;-)

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2020
Alison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Rule #1 is essential - I'm newer to the community and accidentally mistagged someone who had a generic profile photo. Unique avatars add personality and help identify the correct account.

Great writeup!

giphy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events