Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sr Manager, Business System Analysis

Helen Reutovski February 22, 2022

Hello,

I'm new to Jira and looking for a ways to use it for portfolio/project management, including resource management.

I would appreciate a lot any advice on the best Jira/Atlassian apps and best practice with these tools.

Thanks a lot,

Helen

5 comments

Comment

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

Welcome to the Community @Helen Reutovski ! You are in the right place. 🎉👏

There is so much to get to grips with as a brand new user to Jira and the ever expansive ecosystem that is Atlassian.

If I was you, my top three places to lurk would be:

- Atlassian university and the Free Trainings catalogue (within +/- 8hr of several different light course, you have a great overview of everything!)

- The Welcome Centre, hosted by the one & only, award winning @Jimmy Seddon 

- The Atlassian Community Events platform and find one closest to you.
Due to Corona many are still virtual, so easy to join any event really.
Defo check out my pride & joy, ACE Rotterdam, for some awesome upcoming events on Jira Align / Enterprise Agility and Agile Planning with Atlassian Tools! They are truly global events.

Like # people like this

Thank you very much!

Helen

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Kon Galanis February 22, 2022

Hi Helen,

For portfolio/project management management in JIRA, I suggest you look at "Plans" in the top task bar. In plans you will be able to create:

- Roadmaps 

- Gant chart analysis

- distribute work allocation to staff from 

- and much, much more

I recently used it to understand our ticket allocation to our program view, and better understand our deliverables.

Highly recommended.

Thanks a lot!

Helen

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Helen Reutovski !

@Fun Man Andy has already guided you on the right path.

Just an additional suggestion:

- If you are looking for using Jira for Project Portfolio Management for a small number of Agile teams in your organization (about 8 - 20 teams, I guess), you can look into the documentation of "Advanced Roadmaps for Jira Software" app (available on Atlassian Marketplace for Jira Software Server edition, and available as part of Jira Software Cloud Premium plan). This app is a PPM solution for Agile projects from Atlassian. The documentation of the different editions of the app can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolio/advanced-roadmaps-for-jira-documentation-660734353.html

Hope you have a great learning experience here!

Like # people like this

Thanks a lot!

Helen

Emily Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Hi @Helen Reutovski , I'm Emily, a product manager in one of the Jira Software teams focused on helping new-to-Jira users. 

I'm keen to learn about your early experiences with Jira, the context that led you to ask for best practices, and what you're looking for in these best practices. Would you be keen to have a 1 hour chat with me? We'll send you a $50 gift card to thank you for your time :) 

If so, please email me at echan@atlassian.com.

Cheers

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2022

@Helen Reutovski Welcome to the Community! I recommend checking out the New to Jira group. 😄

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events