Introducing me - Do I get a badge for this? ;)

Brian Kelly December 21, 2020

I'm traditionally a highly experienced Waterfall project manager and consider myself able to successfully deliver any project you throw at me across Financial Services, Life-Sciences and Products (be it infrastructure, process, CRM, ERP, build a sky-scraper, land on the moon - whatever!). I have managed global cross-functional project teams delivering client / stakeholder value for Fortune 500 companies... but only now venturing in the world of Agile as the world embraces Digital! Self-organising teams delivering value is a revelation and an idea / practice I fully support. Learning Jira to better understand the mechanics. Got my PMI-PMP (which touches on Agile in terms of iterative project delivery), and actively pursuing PMI-ACP. Looking to do Jira ACP-620 to consolidate my technical competence on the Agile and Scaled Agile journey.

10 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Brian Kelly,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you have seen and done it all!  I'd recommend checking out the Jira Product collection if you are just getting started there.

Also, don't hesitate to ask any questions.  There are tons of knowledgeable and friendly folks here who are happy to help!

-Jimmy

Like Brian Kelly likes this
Brian Kelly December 21, 2020

Thanks Jimmy! :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Hello and Welcome, Brian!

We are glad you are here!!

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

Hi, @Brian Kelly !

Welcome to the Community! 

Impressed by your experience! Sounds cool! 

ACP-620 is an interesting exam, I have plans for it =) 

I assume you have already visited the exam page?

There you can find useful links to trainings and sample questions.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2020

Hi @Brian Kelly ,

Welcome to the community & group!

We are glad you are here!

Just post, solve queries, interact with different posts/articles/discussions and you will definitely gonna get a lot of different badges!

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

Welcome to the Community, @Brian Kelly ! I hope you enjoy your journey to learn and apply Agile and Jira!

Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2020

Welcome @Brian Kelly .!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2020

Welcome @Brian Kelly ,

good luck with ACP-620!

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 1, 2021

Welcome @Brian Kelly
in case you haven't explored already there is also a collection on Training & Certification here in Community.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Training-Certification/ct-p/training-and-certification

For specific questions to certifications, including your plan to do the ACP-620, this is a great place!

Like # people like this
MB January 4, 2021

Welcome @Brian Kelly . 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

@Brian Kelly I love the ambition, Brian! You're in good company here, and it sounds like you're already getting some great responses. 😄

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 15, 2021

Don't forget the 7 badges he's already collected! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events