Intro

Emmanuel Okonya June 12, 2021

Hi everyone,

I've been in and out of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence for some time now but I'm looking to become a Power User at some point this year. Any tips and tricks that anyone has that can upgrade my competence would be much appreciated. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

4 comments

Comment

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2021

Hi @Emmanuel Okonya ,

Welcome to the Community! I recommend to check some courses (some of them are free!):

https://www.atlassian.com/university/training

I'd also suggest to practice and to get some hands-on experience to refresh and to gain new skills. And for any questions, please keep asking to the Community! :-)

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2021

Hi @Emmanuel Okonya 

Do you want to know more about Jira and Confluence from usage perspective only or want to learn Administration as well?

There are few simple things you can do.

• Spend 15m mins daily or whenever you get on the community looking at the questions and answering them.
  • Have a test instance with you - free version will work fine for most cases.
  • When you look at the question and not sure about the answer do a web search, you will most likely land on another community post or Atlassian documentation.
  • Validate your finding on you test instance.

For instance people ask "Should I use project role or group?" or "How can I make project read only?" These questions are a bit Jira Administration types but you will find plenty of examples here. Spending few mins regularly helps me a lot.

Of course, also take a look at the free courses using the link @Carlos Garcia Navarro shared above.

Ravi 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

@Emmanuel Okonya Welcome to the Community! It sounds like you're already getting some great answers. Be sure to check out any product collections that interest you, as well as our member journey and Friday Fun. 😄

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

Hello and Welcome, Emmanuel!

We are glad you are here!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events