Howdy from Houston!

Shelley_Smith-Woods October 19, 2018

I am very excited about becoming part of this community! I am the JIRA Administrator for my group and the only one in my company so I am looking forward to quickly becoming the company expert in JIRA. I'm also looking forward to connecting with others in my area.

Regards,

Shelley

2 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

@Shelley_Smith-Woods Please always use the word "howdy" because it makes my heart happy. 😄 Welcome to the Community! We're glad you're here. Be sure to check out the Jira collection, and show us the view outside your window.

Shelley_Smith-Woods October 19, 2018

@Erica Moss That's funny! I was just being silly, but when I address messages to you, I will gladly say, "Howdy!".  Thank you for welcoming me! I will certainly take a look at the places you suggested.

Oh and nothing great outside my window, just the parking lot. :-(  I am located at our control center now, but my old office at corporate had an amazing view of downtown.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2018

@Shelley_Smith-Woods Totally fair! And it looks like you added an avatar photo, which I love. 😄

Ruba ElNasser October 21, 2018

Hi Shelley, welcome to the community , so did you already configure JIRA or you just installed it and seeks help in this?

Shelley_Smith-Woods October 30, 2018

Hello @Ruba ElNasser, Jira was already configured when I inherited it.  I am working on optimizing it now, as I am having some performance issues that I need to nip in the bud.  Right now, it seems to be an isolated issue, so I really need to get to the bottom of it quickly.  Other than that, so far, so good. I will be preparing for the certification soon, in order to become the resident expert, since i am the only support for my team.  

Any knowledge you are willing to impart would be greatly appreciated.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2018

Big howdy and welcome from Austin, @Shelley_Smith-Woods!

I'll be working in downtown Houston off and on over the winter and spring.  If you work downtown, and maybe even if you don't, I'd be game to grab lunch or something after work to "talk shop" and share anything I know about the Atlassian suite.

~~Larry Brock

PS - special "Howdy!" to you too @Erica Moss!!  =^)

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

@LarryBrock Day = made. 😄 Although, now I have FOMO thinking about y'all hanging out without me!

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2018

Well @Erica Moss - we can try to plan far enough in advance for you to join us - come on out! :P

Shelley_Smith-Woods October 30, 2018

Sounds great you guys! I am no longer located downtown, but we can certainly get together after work.  Just let me know when you are coming out.  Looking forward to it!

@Erica Moss, yes you should join us!!!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

@Shelley_Smith-Woods @LarryBrock Twist my arm. 😉

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2018

I'm picturing my thumb and forefinger barely touching Erica's pinkie in a slight twisting motion.  :-P

Happy Halloween!!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events