Hi I'm Cory, a startup founder new to Jira

Cory Woods September 30, 2018

Hey All, 

I am developing an app and my PM suggested that I look into Jira and Confluence. I am going through it and seems that some things have changed since they made the tutorial. 

Hopefully this group is will help me connect with others trying to get a grasp of this software and how to use it most effectively. 

Cheers!

3 comments

Comment

Adam Daigneau October 1, 2018

In a similar position, I found that Jira is a  great way to track & identify defects, requirements, run tests and etc. If you have a team, it's helpful to track what everyone is working on and if something was identified and missed you're able to gather that information. It allows for you to run agile with ease but you are not limited to just that. Unfortunately, the company I work for still has some teams that like to do a mix of Agile/Waterfall (more waterfall) and I have been able to track, control and report all items through Jira.

Confluence, something I am still learning, is great overall for documentation approvals, project management, etc. If you are required to build a function design for your app you are able to start from a simple template in confluence (or build your own template for future use). You're  also able to pull in stories (requirements) from Jira onto a confluence document and send it out for approval or build the requirements first and then send then over into Jira. All in all, it is a collaboration website, easier than using SharePoint or some other cloud base application to update & control documents.

This is my opinion as a functional PM. You may want to get a developers perspective.

Rajesh Ramankutty October 1, 2018

Doors Are always open sir any time you can ask your questions if i have answer i will help you.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

@Adam Daigneau Thanks for hopping in here & sharing your insight, Adam!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Hey, @Cory Woods! Welcome, welcome & thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. 😎 You may find value in our product-specific collections for Jira and Confluence, where you can ask more detailed questions. Otherwise, just do some exploring & let us know how we can help!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2018

@Cory Woods this is a great place to ask questions and get answers.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events