Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk-through: How to manage Community notifications

Hi to our new members! It’s important to know that you hold the reins regarding the emails you receive from the Community platform. I’m here to guide you through updating your notification settings, allowing you to ensure you only get emails for the items you’re interested in and customize your general email preferences.

Let's begin by explaining how to find your notification preferences. Click on your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner, then select “Manage settings."

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 3.04.45 PM.png

This will take you to your account settings where you can manage several aspects of your account. To update the frequency of your emails, you’ll want to navigate to the “Notifications” tab next.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 2.18.33 PM.png

Next, click on “Settings”.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 2.21.31 PM.png

This tab lists all of the options available for managing notifications from the Community platform. This screenshot is from my account, so the possibilities selected/deselected may look different because I've tailored mine to my preferences. 

I've highlighted the two sections with red arrows to review against your personal preferences for what is/isn't necessary to you. The Atlassian community does not use push notifications, so while this option appears in the list, it is null.

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 3.17.41 PM.png

If you do not wish to be notified of edits to articles you've followed you can edit the preferred frequency from the dropdown under: “Edits made to posts in collections I’m watching.”

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 3.32.21 PM.png

Thanks for taking the time to read through this. I hope you've found it helpful to learn how to manage notifications. Are there other FAQs you'd like to see? If so, drop me a note below with details!

Additional articles new members may find helpful:

6 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

I'm not new here, but this is a great refresher and reminder how to manage my notifications! I'll begin some spring cleaning today. Thanks @Janice

Like # people like this
Ingo Wenke May 22, 2024

Your reminder by editing this post multiple times was admirable !)

Have fun

Ingo

Like # people like this
Ciara TN
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2024

Perfect timing on seeing this post. Thanks for the information :) 

Like # people like this
Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 23, 2024

@Ingo Wenke Consequence of growing up with word before the Google suite changed the 'save' game. 🤣 It's a habit I can't seem to break!

Janice
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 23, 2024

@Ingo Wenke Consequence of growing up with Word before Google suite changed the save game. 🤣 It's a habit I can't seem to break!!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Alex G May 24, 2024

Thank you for the information! @Janice 

Like Janice likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events