Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throwback Thursday: What is your favorite Halloween candy? #TBT

It's Thursday!
giphy
3 years ago, we moved to a new town and a couple of weeks later, our church had new member meeting (i.e. new move ins had a chance to introduce themselves and we got to know the local church leaders). One of the leaders said he liked any "holiday" Reese's Peanut butter chocolates. This has really stuck with me.
zrpb.jpg
And I am with him on that one. I really do like the Reese's Peanut butter bats and pumpkins. They seem to have a bit more chocolate in them and I really like that. (Dang, I am craving some now...).
giphy
Soooo, what is your favorite Halloween candy?
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

19 comments

Comment

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2023

The mini bag of carrots, although it's not a candy, would be my favorite thing to get for trick-or-treating. 

Like # people like this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

You don't realize what you'll miss until it's gone... right?  One of my favorites is the old fashioned peanut-butter candies they wrapped in orange and black wrappers.  For one of the first times I can recall, I can't find them anywhere - local or online.  I thought they were called "Mary Jane's", but I found some of those online, ordered them, and that's not "the stuff".  We've ordered a couple others trying to find 'em, but we've struck out.

Besides that... Reese's cups (there's a peanut butter theme here).

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2023

I'm not a big candy eater these days, @Kristján Geir Mathiesen, but raising two children here in the U.S. where trick-or-treating is such a big thing, once a year I was lucky enough to enjoy some of their cast-offs. Things that I enjoyed when I was their age (and are still available today).

butter-fingers.jpgchunky.jpg

Happy Halloween, everyone  👻

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2023

Mini-bags of carrots?  Really? Were you dressed up as Bugs Bunny?  I'm with @Randy O_Neal go for the orange and black peanut butter thingys!

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2023

I don't participate in "commercial" Halloween, but if I were to choose a themed candy, it would be Dracula Teeth or as we say in Dutch 'Draculatanden':

Lutti Draculatanden.jpg

Like # people like this
Mary Henin October 26, 2023

We just hosted our office Halloween celebration yesterday.. i may have a couple treats stashed away hahaha.. it's hard pick just one favorite @Kristján Geir Mathiesen .. I'll go with the first one that came to mind, by far, hands down Peanut M&M's... there's just something about the actual whole peanut, the chocolate and the colourful coating combination.. very nostalgic for sure!
M&M.png

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2023

mmmm....  Butterfingers.  😋🤤

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2023

My favorite candy is probably Snickers all year around, but I think the only time I get Mounds are at Halloween!

My kiddos know that those are my favorite and will often give me a few of theirs after trick-or-treat. 

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck October 26, 2023

I'm with @Dave Mathijs on this one, Dracula Teeth (Drakúlatennur 😁) for the win. 😋

Like # people like this
Carlos
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 26, 2023

I never considered how holiday candy could be different from the one it should be based on. Now I want to do a taste test! 🤔 I don't really have a favorite holiday candy, but I have been obsessed with the new-ish peanut butter M&M's. I'm a sucker for those. 

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2023

I have to say it's Nestle's KitKat.

Like # people like this
Dominika Kuraś-Moskwa _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2023

Reese's. Love peanut butter and they perfectly fit the orange Halloween theme :D 

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2023

It's.... FRIDAY!

giphy

Thanks everyone for sharing! You gave some great ideas and prompted me of some good candy that I haven't had in a while.

Have an awesome weekend!

Like # people like this
Halina Cudakiewicz_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 27, 2023

I love all things Milka, but this one's my favorite:

571-1

Like # people like this
Praveen V October 30, 2023

Surprised, No one posted Tootsie Roll :) :)

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2023

I am not into candies and chocolates since last 10 years or so. But whenever there are events like Halloween and I get a chance to taste some of the chocolates from the ones collected by my kids, the two of my favorites are always: Mars and KitKat bars.

9212e0fba5c380064ca19f1bfc4da55f_large.png

ffa001ed-81c8-4caa-a3a0-1ed5a2e1c40f.dbe8575449a957b36c9e11b2d3e928c9.jpeg

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2023

There was another cheap Malaysian chocolate I used to get for Halloween:-

junk_food.png

Ironically, the cost of this from 20c has gone up to about $9.00. I never understood why I liked this. I think mostly it's because of the cheap toys you get in them.

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2023

My favorite is Swedish Fish and Skittles! I actually dug into my bag of candy to pass out to kids last night and ate two mini bags of Skittles! YUM! Happy Halloween everyone!

fish.png 

Like # people like this
Murat Seven
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2023

I have a sweet tooth all year round, but when it comes to Halloween, M&M's are my go-to treat! My friends and family are well aware of this, and they often share some of their candy stash with me after a successful night of trick-or-treating.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events