Throwback Thursday: What did you name your first car? #TBT

It's Thursday!

giphy

Last spring, I asked you guys what your first car was. Now I want to ask you what you named it :) Mind you, I don't remember I had a name for my 1987 Toyota Corolla but I remember owning a white 198? Lada Sedan that I named Linda (Linda the Lada).

Lindalada.png

Alright good folk, what did you name your first car?

Let’s make it a great Thursday!
KGM

10 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

I don't know that I had a name for my first car either. But I called it a lot of names because it broke down a lot. Does that count? (not sharing the names  :-)

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck October 28, 2021

I never had my own car but the car my husband owned when I met him was named Michelle. 

A 1991 Mitsubishi Lancer. Similar to this one:

michelle.jpg

Like # people like this
Giovanni Schiano-Moriello October 28, 2021

Mitsubishi Lancer with stylish double stripes put on it (for the +2 to speed buff). Some people talked about how at first glance they thought it was a racecar and they had seen racecars refitted to be street legal before. I named it Street Legal Regular Car.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I remember that my first car was a white "Fiat Punto" hatchback, but I never thought of naming it :-).

But even if I think of naming it today, I would still call it just "Punto".

It was really a nice car.

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

Yeah @John Funk , you better not share those names...  hahahah. Too funny.

@Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck  Michelle as in the Beatles song?

Punto was a cool car, @Taranjeet Singh 

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck October 28, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen I highly doubt it. Hubby has never been much of a Beatles fan. Or a music fan in general. If it isn't six hundred sixty six beats per second he's not touching it. :p

Like # people like this
rateodoros October 28, 2021

It was the silver bullet!Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 17.36.10.png

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

Hahaha @Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck  that is pretty darn fast tempo!

Like # people like this
Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck October 29, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen Well, his own heartbeat is probably only about six beats per minute so it evens out. :þ If he were a piece of music it would most definitely be largo. :þ

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2021

I remember growing up, my parents named their Blue Pontiac Tempest - "Sally".

I was never really one for naming vehicles.  The first car I owned was a Red Manual Transmission Dodge SX 2.0.  The car was really great while I had it.

I have bought other cars since and never named any of them either.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events