Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday - What Song(s) Live in Your Head Rent-Free?

It's Monday... which means it is time for another "Miscellaneous Monday" Post!

For the last couple of days, I have had a song stuck in my head that I can't get rid of... but I kinda don't want to.

Brandon Scott Jones Reaction GIF by CBS

The musical masterpiece that is currently holding me captive is:

Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright 

One of the things that I love about this song is how powerful it is... and yet it came from the "Shrek" movie soundtrack.  Who would have thought?

What song has recently taken residence in your head?  If you haven't had one recently... what song are you listening to that's a real "banger", as the kids would say?  I will listen to any song that is shared and tell you what I think about it.  :)

Thanks for "tuning in"!  :)

21 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2023

Kylie Minogue has moved into my brain. Her latest song, "Padam Padam" has taken over: https://open.spotify.com/track/3k0DJq2HdWJqnqor8NX0ac

I think I've listened to it 30x in a row. 🤣

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2023

The Hamilton soundtrack is always playing in my brain and lyrics are often used in response to different things in my household daily. So glad my kids know the entire musical, too. :-D  

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2023

My current ear worm is "Umbrella" by Rihanna.  And it's Tom Holland's fault!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brq-exSvB7Q 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2023

Tom Holland's lip syncing is FIRE! 

I meant dancing.

@Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ - thanks to you, I've re-watched the video. AGAIN

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2023

Lately, I've been listening to the "raining tacos".  It's the nightly jam in my household. lol

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2023

Bad Guy from Billie Eilish has been living in my mind lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2023

@Benjamin - I've never heard Raining Tacos before, but it's catchy! Gives me badger badger vibes.

Like # people like this
Dana A August 1, 2023

The Lava Song from Iam Tongi from American Idol 

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2023

The playlist in my head is a wild place.  One minute it's Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm, then Come Away With Me by Norah Jones, then I'm Not As Good As I Once Was by Toby Keith, then Dance the Night Away by Van Halen..... 8-)

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2023

IYKYK.  LOL!

hqdefault.jpg

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2023

Since my nephew showed me the mashup of Star Wars characters singing "All Star" by Smashmouth.... I have been singing part of it in my head for over a month. 

Star Wars Characters Sing 'All Star' by Smash Mouth (laughingsquid.com)

This part in particular... over and over and over... I wake up at night singing it in my head.

Somebody once asked
"Could I spare some change for gas?
I need to get myself away from this place"
I said, "Yep, what a concept
I could use a little fuel myself"
And we could all use a little change

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2023

For me it's all Imagine Dragons as they just released a Live in Las Vegas album and it's the bomb! They also released the concert with documentary bits on Hulu! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykOJpcFNOig 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2023

@Summer_Hogan I am a huge Imagine Dragons fan....

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2023

@Ditte Simard me being a bit older and Canadian and a Leonard Cohen fan it's nice to see his music getting passed on even if it is through Shrek....  Motorhead got introduced the same way via the Sponge Bob movie.

Leonard Cohen Hallelujah 

Motorhead You Better Swim 
Motorhead You Better Run 

As for ear worms.....
Last few days it's been this song from Don Williams
I Believe In You 

Like # people like this
Rachel McDonald August 1, 2023

"Get Down" from SIX - The Musical

And I'm 100% ok with this song being stuck in my head lol

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2023

This song is in my head for the last 10 years probably 😭 https://youtu.be/HEXWRTEbj1I

Like # people like this
Anastasia Bek _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2023

A bit late for the party, but still sharing this on Monday! One song that pops up when in work mode is New Romantics by Taylor Swift. Even had an opportunity to add it to the Jira Jams playlist! :) 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

I cannot explain why - it's just sitting there in a compartment of my mind.

Broken by Seether

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

I am a big lover of nicely done covers of classic songs.

And this In Flames - It's No Good piece is something that has a special place in my mind palace. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

I've got the soundtrack of Stray Gods (a musical computer game) stuck in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjgTxgSjx2M

It just came out, and I picked it up on Steam!

Ankush Bora January 22, 2024

Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd!

Pink Floyd Loop GIF by A. L. Crego

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events