Community Round-up: January 2021

Hello Everyone!

We have made it through the first month of 2021 and it has proved to be just as unpredictable as 2020 was! 

However, one thing you can count on is that there is an overwhelming amount of amazing content to read on the Atlassian Community. 

In fact, there are so many good articles that have been posted this month I couldn’t include them all in this round up, and I would encourage everyone to explore on your own as well.  With that, here are some of the highlights that have been posted this month:

• First up, if you love what’s going on in the Community, you should check out the Community release notes for January 20, 2021.  This will keep you up to date on all the changes that are being made to continue making the Community better!
  • If you think your team did a fantastic job navigating 2020, you should think about heading over to Nominate your team for the 2021 Atlassian Team Awards.

• If you have wondered what is involved in becoming an Atlassian Community Leader, there will be another webinar talking about what it's all about in February: ABCs of Becoming a Community Leader.  I would strongly encourage everyone to check this out!

• The Atlassian Government Symposium is just around the corner.  If you would like to take a more active role in this event.  Atlassian is looking for people willing to Share your story at Atlassian Government Symposium!

• As a relatively new user to Confluence myself, I’m learning all the great things that templates have to offer.  Remote team planning? These 2 templates will save you!  Might be just what you need as well.

• I recently joined a new company, but they have been using Confluence for a number of years. How I keep Confluence organised and relevant *** This might help you *** has some great suggestions for helping you clean up a messy Confluence instance.

• Personal Showcase: digital menu of a school canteen based on Jira (Part I).  This is a multi-part series of articles, I recommend reading the entire set!  I’ve provided you with the starting point.  It’s a fascinating story about transforming paper school cafeteria menus into a digital one back by Jira.

• For everyone that is looking to get certified, or maybe you are just curious about the exam writing experience.  My experience with ACP-300 is a great resource written by a fellow Community Leader, that should help give you some insights into how things work!

• Everywhere I have worked, getting reporting data from Jira has been very important. Introducing Atlassian Data Lake for Jira Software - Early Access might be something you are interested in if you are currently using a third-party reporting service and you would like a way to surface your Jira data in that engine.

• Jira Automation has become extremely popular!  I have requests at my company coming to me daily asking how we can use automation rules to reduce the number of manual tasks.  I’m always on the lookout for new use cases that will help me think outside the box when it comes to new automation rule implementations. Using Automation to Screen New Customer is a great use case that I recommend reading through if Jira Automation is your new friend as well.

• How to avoid the top Jira migration mistakes has a number of fantastic suggestions to keep in mind If you are considering moving from Server to Cloud.  I would recommend checking these out it could save you time, money and reduce stress!

• Do you know how to use Issue Collectors?  I didn’t really know either until reading this great article!

• Atlassian has put together a Community Training account which has posted a number of really good articles recently.  Instead of linking all of them, I’ve provided a link to the Community Training profile, you should check these out!

Also, some trending discussions you might want to get involved in:

Until next time!

11 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Thanks for sharing @Jimmy Seddon !  This crew does a LOT of work!!

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2021

Yes @John Funk is great the work of @Jimmy Seddon 

Many thanks !!!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon  for sharing all this important and interesting stuff on the community! This gives me a lot to read and learn.

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2021

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2021

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Ms Ritu February 9, 2021

2020 was a hell of a year

it destroyed many life

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2021

Great Sum up @Jimmy Seddon !

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2021

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon 

Veronique DUFOUR February 13, 2021

Thanks for this article!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2021

Jimmy, thanks for putting this together. As you said there is a ton of content in the Community and it can be challenging to find things particularly those great nuggets of old. Articles like this help to resurface some of the goodness. Cheers!

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Thanks for this list, Jimmy! There are definitely articles I've missed & now I'll be checking them out!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events