• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Please tell us how you use Confluence space settings Edited

πŸ‘‹ Hi there, a few of us at Atlassian would love to learn about how you use "space settings" functionality in Confluence. A facelift to the space settings is long overdue and we want to start with improving the navigation.

To start simply, which are the top tasks you perform in space settings?

Do you go to space settings to perform one particular task or do you find yourself navigating between different tabs to perform multiple actions? Do you have an opinion on how the space settings are grouped?

---

Your responses are helping us build a better product for you, your team, and the future of work. Thank you πŸ™‚

2 comments

Mirek Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

Hi @Shaziya Tambawala , 

Good Idea to improve the navigation. I can give you feedback on new layout if you ever create one :) 

Top 3 task that I perform there? 

• Definitively I go to Permissions (both Permissions and Restrictions)
  • Reorder pages
  • Export

Very often I check also who is the admin of the space (sadly this is not somewhere easily available for users so that they can contact them) 

Hi @Mirek - Appreciate the prompt response :)

Thank you for sharing your top tasks - this is very helpful! We're actually thinking of re-grouping the "Export space" action into the Overview (General) section - do you have any thoughts on how the space settings are grouped?

Also, want to make sure you're aware of the list of admins that show up in Overview > Space Details. You're right, this information is not easily available and intuitive - will keep in mind when redesigning the layout.

Like β€’ Mirek likes this
Mirek Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

Well.. not sure if Overview is the best place for different things than information that are included in Space Details page (just redesigned/refreshed a little bit).. However I think you should group all 'action' things like Export / Archive / Delete (a Space) into separate menu called maybe Actions (outside Overview) or something like that.. 

Do you only focus on moving the content of tabs from one to another or can change whole view including how things look like inside the tabs? 

Just to give an example what I wish to see that is changed.. I really do not like the Anonymous Access section in te Permissions.. That should be not visible at all (or replaced by some nice graphics and a button "Turn on Anonymous Access" .. if we do not allow it.  

James Dellow Community Leader Jan 13, 2021

It would be good to have a guided setup, because there are some things you might only do once or infrequently - like the name, logo, categories, etc. But permissions and content management are more frequent tasks.

Some of the groupings or labels don't make immediate sense, but it's not too bad. For example:

• I'm never quite sure what is included under content tools.
  • Sidebar Configuration could be part of the look and feel.

However, I suppose, some of the controls, like the Sidebar Configuration, might be better off being embedded in context. The problem is when configuration options are found in different places.

Hi @James Dellow - Thank you for the feedback! Guided setup is a good callout - we'll be sure to include changeboarding for space settings.

Could you share more about "problem is when configuration options are found in different places."?

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence Cloud

Please tell us how you use Confluence space settings

πŸ‘‹ Hi there, a few of us at Atlassian would love to learn about how you use "space settings" functionality in Confluence. A facelift to the space settings is long overdue and we want to start with im...

169 views 5 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you