Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIP Wednesday - "The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step"

Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2023

Thank you to everyone who shared their passion projects in my last WIP Wednesday post.  :)  There are some super-talented folks in this community and it was great to see all the vastly different activities people are doing.

I have decided to keep this series going and hopefully, I can see some updates on the projects that were shared last week and see some new WIPs!  :)

I am continuing my "cross-stitch-every-Kudos-badge" undertaking, and I am pleased to share that I finished the "Leader Approved" badge yesterday.  Here is the final product:

completedleaderapproved.jpg

This is the first time I have cut out a cross-stitch pattern and not left it in an embroidery hoop for display.  Here are a couple of things I have learned:
- Felt is your friend; it is a great material to attach to the back of a completed cross-stitch pattern.
- DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE!  I thought I was being clever by putting a very thin layer of clear superglue to join my felt backing to the cross-stitch but it didn't work the way I planned.  :P  Some of the glue seeped to the front of the pattern and while it doesn't look TERRIBLE, it is very irritating to me. lol

Good thing I am an agilist and believe in "fail fast, fail often"!  ;)  For my next Kudos badge, I will try fabric glue, which is meant for these types of projects.  If any cross-stitchers out there have any tips or tricks to share, I am all ears!  :)

The next Kudos badge I am tackling is the "Ocean Devotion" badge! 

oceandevotion.png

Here is my WIP picture:

oceanwip1.jpg

I chose it because: 1) I love the ocean and 2) I think it is really neat that earning the badge helped remove plastic from the ocean.  What is there not to love about that?!

Please share what you are currently working on and feel free to suggest what Kudos badge I should do next!  :)

9 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2023

Oh my gosh, @Ditte Simard - these are amazing!! You've inspired me to give cross-stitch a whirl. I think Ocean Devotion will be so cute! I'd vote for Tree Planter to be next. 🌳

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2023

Thank you so much!!  If you want the patterns for the kudos badges, just let me know!  :)

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2023

I wish there was a love button, because I don't just like this, I love it. Would be cool if you created a whole sash with your 'merit badges'. 

I don't currently have any new WIP's to add since last week's statement that my entire life is a WIP!

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2023

Thank you Andy!  😊  I like the idea of putting the badges on a sash... 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2023

I love this idea!

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2023

My WIP is taking up watercolor painting. I am still in the process of getting over my fear to start a new painting. I have done a few test projects....

Like # people like this
Christine B August 10, 2023

Have you seen . . .  Easy Acrylic Painting For Beginners | Painting with Aluminum Foil?  The video makes it look so easy.  I am waiting for the next LockDown to brush up on my Foil Painting skills.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 27, 2023

The starfish already looks so adorable and the other badge came out amazing! I vote for the Rising Star badge to be on your list... I love our Rising Stars :) 

Rising Star@2x.png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 27, 2023

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 8.11.37 PM.png

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2023

The Rising Star badge would be so pretty as a cross-stitch pattern!  I will add it my Trello backlog.  :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 27, 2023

Oh also I will post my next WIP, I need to do a painting of a cat tomorrow!

Like # people like this
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 28, 2023

That's absolutely stunning! 😍😍

Like # people like this
Rahul Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 28, 2023

This is awesome!!

LuTfI Akmal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2024

im new here, but is it possible for me to get one of those? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events