Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunday Fun (a little late) - Have you ever met your childhood hero?? Do share!

Carolyn Allen November 19, 2022

Okay, so I apologise - I'm a little late for the Fun Friday discussion.    Please forgive me.    We had an Atlassian Partner event on Thursday and by Friday my head was still in the "Clouds" (pardon the pun) and I was in recovery mode.

You see...   not only did we have a FANTASTIC event that afternoon, but I ALSO got to meet my childhood HERO!    AFL Royalty and Australian Sporting Legend - Mr Leigh Matthews.    Now for many of you who live O/S - you may not know who that man is - so if you want to know more, you can check out the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6QuebAha3M (just watch the first few minutes)

I have been a MASSIVE Hawks Supporter all my life and have fond memories as a child of going to the footy with my Dad to see the Hawks play.    Those were in the days where you could run out on the field at the end of the game and pat the players on the back... and if you were lucky - get their autograph.    Leigh Matthews (Lethal Leigh) was the Captain of Hawthorn at the time and a true LEGEND of the game.    I think I did manage to get his autograph way back then... but the memory had faded and the signature long gone, so it was a HUGE thrill to meet him in Person for our event. 

So my off-topic discussion for the week - have you ever met your childhood HERO??   Would love to know and see a pic if you have one.  

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and apologies again for being late with my post!Event2.jpg Event1.jpg

IMG_4816.JPG

3 comments

Comment

Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

I have two actually - Dick Van Dyke and George Takei! I met them both at Phoenix Comicon and was so excited to get pictures with both of them! Dick Van Dyke.jpg

George Takei.jpg

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2022

Well not a childhood hero, but definitely one of the few people I'd like to meet and still didn't manage to meet/see in person/upclose/100m distance, is the composer John Williams. Maaaan I was soooo close to book a ticket for London 7 years ago to go and see him... :(

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2022

@Carolyn Allen I have some coaches that I think are amazing but have only gotten to know more by reading about them or reading what they have produced.  Sadly they all passed away before I could meet them.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events