Summit September Sadness :'''o(

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

So yeah... apparently this little thing called "European Summit" happened last week in some town or other called "Barcelona". [I've actually lived there... how misconceived that joke is genuinely hurts]. 

So yeah... I didn't go. Bitter much? Noooo....! Surely not! ;o)

Worse off... to get the Community September Badge all one had to do was go visit the Atlassian guys. at the summit - WHAT!? . :oO Shock Horror. Kinda like salt in the already ridiculously painful wound, right?

Fortunately the Community Managers are truly awesome and us "anti-Summitists" can still earn the badge by participating in other threads, like this one: Summit Takeaways From Far Away

In agreement with @Monique vdB (dank u wel!) participating on this thread will also contribute to it. Please note the ground rules:

If you didn't go to Summit last week, why not? Give some info. 

E.g.: What urgent matters blocked your presence? What geographical challenges restricted you?

A fun photo of your misery is welcome and adds to the fun!

Try not to cry when posting... I know, it sux but time heals all wounds :o(

If you DID go, no mocking the rest of us please....! Otherwise you will be digitally hunted down and have your September badge removed! :oD (Pretty sure not even possible but for a second made me sound tough... ggrrrr!!!) 

8 comments

Comment

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2018

Me looking extra moody this morning on the commute to work... the lighting causing extra dark eyes helps reflect my miffed-ness at missing summit last week.

I have many projects with deadlines in September. It's crunch time !

Can't miss a single minute of work at this time. 

On top of projects, version 1 of a new product is successfully launched and customer orders coming in thick and fast. So supporting the organisation whilst simultaneously starting up development on version 2. 

Another product is now in status Red and needs a loooooad of attention just to get it to MVP. 

For those who live in countries of vast geographical reach and wanna have a laugh at my expense, Barcelona is only a 2hr flight and the trip would've cost max 350eur... :oO LOLz... #Fail. 

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-12 at 08.38.48.jpeg

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2018

I really want to go to the summit, but it’s too far from Shanghai to Barcelona.

Looking forward to the summit in Asia!

Finally, posted my T-shirt and pretended to have just returned from the summit.

Ts.png

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Hahaha! Great T-Shirt @Ollie Guan ! ! Hopefully Atlassian will start doing summits in Asia. Ooh! They could call it... the AtlASsIAn summit  ;-)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 12, 2018

@Ollie Guan you can't fool me with that old logo... :) 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2018

I'm literally on the other side of the world from Barcelona in New Zealand. I am also new to the team and am still working towards my certifications. 

I got to have Summit fun ordering swag, chatting on here, and watching the live streams that weren't in the wee hours of the morning.

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

I'm actually closer than many people here to Barcelona (I live in Italy), but I couldn't attend the Summit because I'm working hard to finish my MA thesis, ugh!

I really hope there will be another European Summit next year, so I'll probably be able to attend. *fingers crossed*

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 13, 2018

We missed you @Alice!

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

Aww thank you @Monique vdB!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

Good luck with that thesis @Alice ! ! Fingers Crossed :D

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

@Andy - PTC Redundant thank you!!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

:oD

P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2018

I'd loved to attend summit this year again, but it just wasn't possible :(
The distance was not the problem as I live in Germany and it's just a two-hours flight to Barcelona. In fact, my wife had some important exams for her studies that time. Therefore, we had to stay at home and I looked after my daughter. 

Fortunately, the Atlassian team uploaded records of a lot of sessions. Thank you, guys!
I still have to watch a lot of them ;)

I hope that I can attend again next year.

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

Family is soooo important ! Good for you @P_D_ Foerster. What an awesome papa! :oD

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2018

IMG_2905.jpg

I can share my summit sadness here, too. Yes I used dramatical B/W on this crying pic.... @Andy - PTC Redundant

But to all my bros and sis remember: A sorrow shared is a sorrow halved!

Geographically it wouldn't be too difficult.... Working near Munich it would only be a pretty short trip to Barcelona -> so no challenge here.

But the rollout in Italy, Brasil and USA hardly gave me a chance to leave office during the last weeks. As a one woman show on this project - no chance! So all that's left are the uploaded sessions....

I can feel with all of you.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

@Fabienne Gerhard : What a great use of B/W ! ! I can feel the sadness oozing through the screen!

Here's to all One Woman Armies delivering epic projects - especially those that missed Summit!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2018

Last day for the Summit September Sadness! Although I posted comments on all the threads I didn’t receive the badge so I must need to add a photo. Here’s my favourite Atlassian swag - a Trello t-shirt I received for the #whereitrello contest ❤️

I have added 2019 summit to my calendar. I will do my best to make it as I really wished I could have attended 2018!

997E08D1-B967-46CE-A1CA-6F4E12298334.jpeg

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

@Jodi LeBlanc : I'm sure you'll get the badge !! Nice T-Shirt. Really cool subtle use of the logo!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2018

Didn't get the badge, too - this boosts the sadness even more.

@Jodi LeBlancnice shirt!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

And so the sadness flows over into October..... :o(

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2018

Sadness is getting less painful - september badge made me smile :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

Awesome ! ! 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2018

Yay I got the badge, I hope you all did as well! I am not sure if the contest is still on but if you post on instagram and or twitter a photo of where you trello using hashtag whereItrello ) you could get your own Trello GSD tshirt!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2018

Yeah, I got the badge. Just saw the requirement for the OCT badge. That's a toughie!  What's this Trello GSD T-Shirt comp all about?? :oD That can help take away the Summit Sadness! :oD

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 7, 2018

@Andy - PTC Redundant well you can always join the Brussels group since we don't have one for Rotterdam yet and the Amsterdam one isn't online. Or you can start a Rotterdam user group... 

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2018

@Monique vdB: Great idea! I'm already signed up to Brussels group :oD And I love going to the Amsterdam AUG meetings. Is Atlassian in need of a Rotterdam AUG? I would LOVE to start that :) 

How do I go about that? Do I need you or another community manager for this? Or can I set it up myself?

AmusedWaryBordercollie-small.gif

Monique vdB
Community Manager
October 7, 2018

@Andy - PTC Redundant Yay! @Darline is our Amsterdam-based AUG guru and she can help point you in the right direction. I don't see a current group in Rotterdam!

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2018

@Monique vdB Thanks so much!
@Darline : Please reach out to me when you can :o)

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2018

Couldn't go to the summit... sad... but...

We decided to go to Barcelona (me in the right):

IMG-20180905-WA0004.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2018

And we found an Atlassian event!! so lucky!

We could go in because we are too sexy :)

esta.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2018

And we celebrated eating tacos

mexican food.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2018

Technically.. we didn't go to the summit so I didn't break any rule :)

If you DID go, no mocking the rest of us please....! Otherwise you will be digitally hunted down and have your September badge removed! :oD (Pretty sure not even possible but for a second made me sound tough... ggrrrr!!!) 

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2018

@Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor] : Hah hah! Well played ;) Looked like so much fun.

An Atlassian Event, in Barcelona and with Tacos & beer.... what more could anyone possible want! So awesome. 

Great and inspiring photos. Thanks for the share.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events