cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday - Your best people

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

Happy Monday everybody!

Firstly my apologies for the delay in posting this week's Misc Monday. It has been a rollercoaster of emotions this weekend with the funeral of an old friend, quickly followed by my stag do. 

So I gathered a band of friends to go and experience the vibrancy of Sunny central London!

And of course my best men were there to organiser the whole thing, for which I am extremely grateful!

So this week's question: who are your best people!

Over the weekend I saw too many to mention but I have to say after this weekend it is my joint best men - Tom and Matt. But this was a brief spell in the top spot and of course my best person has quickly returned to my wife to be!

11 comments

Comment

Chris Iacovelli June 12, 2023

Wife, my Son, my Sister, my friend Frank, then Greg. My father was in the top 5 until his passing.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

@Stuart Capel - London - my condolences - raising a glass to their memory, as well as to your upcoming nuptials!

My best people in an Atlassian sense are all of the Community Leaders that put up with me, join me for dim sum outings, and teach me every day. Working in this industry, you're a student for life.

Like # people like this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

Thank you very much @Dave Liao , I appreciate it. 💯% with you on student for life.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2023

I remember finishing my college studies and thinking "I'm never taking another test again!"

How wrong I was 🤣

Like Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ likes this
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

First, I second @Dave Liao's comments.

~~~~~~~~~~

I am blessed to have a long list of best people in my life. But at the top of that list would be my fiancée. This will be my second marriage, and is often the case with those of us who first got married at too young an age, this time around I found the perfect match for me. I was too young to know what that kind of person might be the first time around, so no offense to my ex.

Second, my grandson (2 yrs. old) make me smile every time I see him, or even see a picture of him. His mother (my daughter) and son-in-law ain't bad either.

My other daughter would be on the short list, too. I wish she lived closer to us so we could see her more often.

Great topic, @Stuart Capel - London

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

🍻

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

Congrats on your upcoming wedding @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2023

@Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ - OH SNAP, missed that part - I thought you were already married to your second Dave, whoops! 🤣

Good luck with your upcoming nuptials, also!

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

First, condolences @Stuart Capel - London - I know what is it like to lose someone special and I related to you. 

My list would be my boyfriend (no marriage happening here), my large family including my 5 siblings and my parents, and my coworkers and fellow Atlassian community leaders! 

Like # people like this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

Thank you @Summer Hogan - that's a great set of people. It's important to remember how much people mean to you. I'm a big fan of the community leaders too!!!

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

My husband and I chose not to have bridesmaids or groomsmen at our wedding... but we did end up having a "best dog".  :)  Our dog got pneumonia a week before our wedding and could not be boarded at our doggy daycare as originally planned.  We had to drive from Florida to New Hampshire (and back) with our furry friend and it ended up being a great adventure!  It also led to us having this great wedding photo.  :)

bestdog3.jpg

Like # people like this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

Ahh you all look lovely! I'm glad your dog got be there for your special day 😊

Like # people like this
Summer Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2023

You look great! What a great pic @Ditte Simard!

Like Ditte Simard likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2023

My best person is my partner-in-life, Mike.

He is the opposite to me in so many ways. He never gets excessively emotional (angry, frustrated, stressed out) like I do. He puts up with my crazies with unshakeable equilibrium. He is unwaveringly supportive. He tolerates my irascible (and often irrational) father, whom even I want to disown sometimes.

Although he sometimes doesn't listen to me, he always hears and remembers the truly important stuff.

We'll hit our 20th anniversary this year, and I can't imagine my life without him in it.

My other best person would be my friend, Julie. We met at work many years ago. She was an executive admin and I was a test engineer. We didn't cross paths much initially, but she pursued her own career advancement to become an engineer and we ended up in the same team. We can count on each other for support and validation in dealing with work, our partners, and our parents. We can't share parenting war stories (she has grown children, I have no children), but I get to be supportive to her in that arena.

Like # people like this
Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 12, 2023

Hello everyone! 👋

When it comes to the best people in my life, I feel incredibly fortunate to have such wonderful individuals surrounding me. Firstly, my partner holds a special place in my heart. We actually met at work while being bartenders a few years ago, and our connection has been incredible ever since. He is not only incredibly supportive but also shares similar passions and interests with me. We are able to inspire and encourage each other on a daily basis, and I couldn't be more grateful for having him in my life.

Additionally, I have a group of friends from middle school who have remained my closest companions to this day. These four boys have been with me through thick and thin, and our shared memories have created an unbreakable bond. They treat me as "one of them," and there are no barriers when it comes to our conversations. We can talk about anything and everything without hesitation, making our friendship incredibly special.

I consider myself incredibly fortunate to have these amazing individuals by my side. Their love, support, and shared experiences have enriched my life in countless ways, and I am grateful for their presence every single day. 🤞

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2023

My best people are the ones I do everything in life for - my wife of 23+ years and five children. They are my everything, and make all of the blood, sweat and tears that come with each day's challenges and responsibility worthwhile. 

@Stuart Capel - London thanks for this prompt as a reminder - sometimes the day to day can get in the way of remembering why I do what I do.

Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2023

My best person is my wifey. 

Like # people like this
Prabhu Palanisamy _Onward_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 23, 2023

Friend in need is a friend indeed. Having friends that truly care is a blessing.

Markus Fredén
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2023

The person that has ALWAYS been there through very hard times in my life is my grandma! Strongest person I know!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events