Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday - National Red Wine Day (August 28th)

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2023

Get ready to raise a glass and celebrate National Red Wine Day today!

Red wine is called red wine because of the color of the skin of the grapes it is made from. Red wine grapes are often black grapes, or a very deep red or purple.

Archaeological records indicate that wine was first produced in China around 7000 B.C., followed by Armenia and Georgia, around 6100 to 6000 B.C., respectively. The early days of red wine in particular started in Greece. The earliest noted red wine is Chian, a red wine, then called black wine. It was made on the island of Chion. Since ancient times, red wine has been part of many cultures throughout the world. As civilization has developed, so has the technology for growing the right grapes and turning it into this delicious beverage. Through the old world and the new world, red wine has come to be more than simply a drink, but it also symbolizes transformation, happiness and friendship, as well as sustenance and life.

The most famous names of red wines are Merlot, Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, Bordeaux, Chianti, and Rioja...

Do you like red wine? Are you going to celebrate this day? You can host a wine tasting, pair your favorite red with food, visit a winery, have a picnic...

It is my wedding anniversary tomorrow, so I will definitely celebrate and red wine will part of it!

BTW Have you heard of Oenophobia? That's the scientific term used to describe people with a fear of wine.

9 comments

Comment

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2023

Cheers @Hana Kučerová I love red (and any other colour) wine!!!

Had a lovely Malbec, just last night. Giunta Malbec Nouveau 2022 || Decibel Wines

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

Cheers @Curt Holley !

Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2023

As I was born near Bordeaux, I think red wine has been running through my veins since I was a baby 😃 I had the chance to visit some of the most famous vineyard like St Emilion, Petrus, Cheval Blanc, etc... 

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

Lol, you are very lucky :-).

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

Personally, I don't like red wine. I have no fear of it, but I prefer white over red.

Happy wedding anniversary @Hana Kučerová ! Which jubilee are you celebrating? Cheers to you both! 🍷

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

@Dave Mathijs A lot of people say it needs a lot of time to start liking red wine. In the past I also prefered white wine.

We were married in 2015, so it’s eighth. They say there’s always some kind of crisis after each seven years. Last year our daughter was born and she left no space for any crisis :-)))

Cheers!

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

Red wine is deeply coded in my family's genes since we have a 100-year-old vineyard. My uncle makes red and white wines every year, and depending on the rain/heat in the region, there is a significant difference in taste.

The more drought during the season, the more sugar content in the grapes, which results in dark ruby red sweet wine (and dark headache in the morning after).

And this is yours truly harvesting some grapes (we harvest about 1 - 1.5 tons of grapes every year).

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 15.12.19.png

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

My family has a vineyard, too! I have to ask how old it is; they turn out lovely wines.

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023
Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2023

mmmm.  I LOVE wine... and I live in wine country in California so I'm a lucky girl.  Thank you, @Hana Kučerová ~ I had no idea today was National Red Wine Day.  I will definitely be celebrating (thought I really don't need another excuse to uncork another delicious bottle).  🍷

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

@Laurie Sciutti :-) Cheers!

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2023

I love les vins rouge! Red wine is my default choice during low stake situations. 🙌

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

@Dave Liao 🙌

Like Dave Liao likes this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

@Hana Kučerová - Happy anniversary!

I love red wine! I drank a lovely Chianti Classico in celebration of the day! 

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2023

Nice @Summer_Hogan ! Thank you!

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2023

Great post @Hana Kučerová! Personally I prefer a light/white wine like a Moscato. Something that is cold and a bit fizzy. Come to think of it, it's probably because I prefer beer to wine, and those wines are the closest to a light beer's color and effervescence, 

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2023

Nice @Andy Gladstone , thank you for sharing

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2023

Is "National Red Wine Day" just an annually-recognized special day or is it weekly?  Asking for a friend....  😆🍷

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2023

:-) you can celebrate whenever you like

Like Laurie Sciutti likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events