cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday - Mad Libs - Likes for Trees II: The Likening

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2023

We had a last minute cancellation for Miscellaneous Monday, but the show must go on!

This post is an ode to @Thomas Schlegel and his Holiday themed collaborative story posts of the past, and to @Meg Bailey who had an amazing Confluence Holiday Workshop Mad Lib in 2021.

Here is the text for each of you to fill out in your Mad Lib below. Feel free to just list your words or build the Mad Lib fully into your comment. 

Bonus points in tagging a community member's name in the [PERSONS NAME] slots and getting them to submit their own entry!

TITLE: A WALK THROUGH THE FOREST

It was a [ADJECTIVE] and [ADVERB] day. I was tired of sitting in the [NOUN] and decided to [VERB] through the forests outside. As I [ADVERB] up my [PLURAL NOUN] and [ADVERB] to get ready, I could already smell the [NOUN] and the [PLURAL NOUN] of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of [PLURAL NOUN] and [PLURAL NOUN] left me [ADJECTIVE]. I began my [NOUN] through [PLACE] and quickly was alone with my [PLURAL NOUN].

Soon though I came across [PERSONS NAME] and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be [ADJECTIVE] alone, possible [ADVERB].

[PERSONS NAME] was an Atlassian Community [NOUN] and loved the [PLURAL NOUN] and the [NOUN]. Their company made the [VERB] so much more [ADJECTIVE] and [ADJECTIVE].

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how [ADJECTIVE] @Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and [ADVERB] that our post would help it [ADVERB].

Word Bank

1. Adjective
  2. Adverb
  3. Noun
  4. Verb
  5. Adverb
  6. Plural Noun
  7. Adverb
  8. Noun
  9. Plural Noun
  10. Plural Noun
  11. Plural Noun
  12. Adjective
  13. Noun
  14. Place
  15. Plural Noun
  16. Person's Name
  17. Adjective
  18. Adverb
  19. Person's Name
  20. Noun
  21. Plural Noun
  22. Noun
  23. Verb
  24. Adjective
  25. Adjective
  26. Adjective
  27. Adverb
  28. Adverb

Have fun, let's get some more comments and likes and plant more trees!

Also, click here to get involved and reserve your own Monday as Miscellaneous Monday Author!

8 comments

Comment

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2023

It was a [SLIMY] and [ACCIDENTALLY] day. I was tired of sitting in the [COW] and decided to [SHIMMY] through the forests outside. As I [DELIGHTFULLY] up my [HOUSES] and [NERVOUSLY] to get ready, I could already smell the [CHAIR] and the [CATS] of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of [CHILDREN] and [PLANES] left me [PURPLE]. I began my [SKY] through [MILWAUKEE, WI] and quickly was alone with my [KITES].

Soon though I came across [ANDREW] and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be [QUICK] alone, possible [UNEXPECTEDLY].

[@Andrew Zimmerman ] was an Atlassian Community [SOCK] and loved the [SHOES] and the [BICYCLE]. Their company made the [FLY] so much more [TINY] and [GRAY].

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how [LOUD] @Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and [JOVIALLY] that our post would help it [FRIGHTFULLY]. 

🧐🧐🧐🧐

Word Bank

1. Slimy
  2. Accidentally
  3. Cow
  4. Shimmy
  5. Delightfully
  6. Houses
  7. Nervously
  8. Chair
  9. Cats
  10. Children
  11. Planes
  12. Purple
  13. Sky
  14. Milwaukee, WI
  15. Kites
  16. Andrew
  17. Quick
  18. Unexpectedly
  19. Andrew
  20. Sock
  21. Shoes
  22. Bicycle
  23. FLY
  24. Tiny
  25. Gray
  26. Loud
  27. Jovially
  28. Frightfully
Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2023

I think Atlassian is going need to pay you royalties on the new tagline - Quick Alone, Possible Unexpectedly! Thanks for the A+ submission. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Here is mine (I did not peek!)

It was a [SUNNY] and [FAST] day. I was tired of sitting in the [BIKE] and decided to [FAST] through the forests outside. As I [QUICKLY] up my [SHOES] and [HASTILY] to get ready, I could already smell the [OUTSIDE] and the [SUNGLASSES] of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of [SOCKS] and [GAMES] left me [HAPPY]. I began my [CARPET] through [CANADA] and quickly was alone with my [KNEES].

Soon though I came across [@Jimmy Seddon] and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be [EXCITED] alone, possible [SPEEDILY].

[JIMMY] was an Atlassian Community [TRUNK] and loved the [LEAVES] and the [HOME]. Their company made the [RUN] so much more [QUICK] and [SLOW].

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how [HIGH] @Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and [HAPPILY] that our post would help it [BRILLIANTLY]. 

Word Bank

1. Sunny
  2. Fast
  3. Bike
  4. Fast
  5. Quickly
  6. Shoes
  7. Hastily
  8. Outside
  9. Sunglasses
  10. Socks
  11. Games
  12. Happy
  13. Carpet
  14. Canada
  15. Knees
  16. @Jimmy Seddon
  17. Excited
  18. Speedily
  19. Jimmy
  20. Trunk
  21. Leaves
  22. Home
  23. Run
  24. Quick
  25. Slow
  26. High
  27. Happily
  28. Brilliantly
Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Here's mine, without peeking as well

It was a cool and windy day. I was tired of sitting in the tomatoes and decided to go skiing through the forests outside. As I zipped up my hotpants and stumbled on to get ready, I could already smell the waffle and the pancakes of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of snowflakes and leprechauns left me breathless. I began my slalom through la-la-land and quickly was alone with my thoughts.

Soon though I came across @carolyn french  and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be challenging alone, possible boring too.

Carolyn was an Atlassian Community Leader and loved the pancakes and the waffle. Their company made the hike so much more entertaining and fun.

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how astronomically@Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and confirmed that our post would help it explode!

Not sure if I should repeat the word bank once more. Happy to do so if that's they way to go, @Andy Gladstone!  

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 11, 2023

@Walter Buggenhout ahhaaha your hotpants... 😂

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2023

hahaha.  these are great.  I have not had enough coffee yet to give this a go, but maybe later!  Love MadLibs!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 11, 2023

Thank you @Andy Gladstone for this hilarious idea... now on to read everyone else's! 

It was an [obsolete] and [wicked] day. I was tired of sitting in the [bicycle] and decided to [orate] through the forests outside. As I [figuratively locked] up my [M&Ms] and [frantically baked] to get ready, I could already smell the [fire escape] and the [courtiers] of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of [eggs] and [paintings] left me [abstract]. I began my [badminton shuttle] through [the Amsterdam office of Atlassian] and quickly was alone with my [books].

Soon though I came across [@Summer Hogan] and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be [creative] alone, possible [wisely].

[Summer] was an Atlassian Community [canal boat] and loved the [windmills] and the [shovel]. Their company made the [banana slug] so much more [special] and [suspenseful].

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how [shivery@Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and [weakened] that our post would help it [sacredly].

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 11, 2023

@Andy Gladstone (your "click here" link doesn't work, sadly!) 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Love it @Monique vdB!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Yours makes a whole lot more sense than mine did since I just used adverbs... :-D 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 12, 2023

@Amanda Barber well I changed my adverbs to other parts of speech when I realized adverbs wouldn't work 😆

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2023

It's an art, not a science. Any interpretations are acceptable!

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

It was a [wicked] and [always] day. I was tired of sitting in the [cactus] and decided to [sweat] through the forests outside. As I [angrily] up my [bakery] and [stupidly] to get ready, I could already smell the [smoke] and the [hawks] of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of [sloths] and [iPads] left me [hot]. I began my [computer] through [Hawaii] and quickly was alone with my [alligator].

Soon though I came across [@Monique vdB] and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be [sketchy] alone, possible [patiently].

[Queen Mo] was an Atlassian Community [mother] and loved the [falcons] and the [water]. Their company made the [sweat] so much more [sweeter] and [colder].

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how [fantastic] @Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and [beautifully] that our post would help it [quietly].

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

I don't know if anyone can tell from some of the words I used, but I live in HOT Arizona and my AC went out last night. It's been 16 hours now without AC and I'm melting! Hence the use of all the hot words! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

Wow! Under those conditions I am surprised that you had enough strength to craft this response! Sending you some A/C vibes! ❄

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2023

Thanks @Andy Gladstone! Me too!  

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2023

It was a [hot] and [sweaty] day. I was tired of sitting in the [sun] and decided to [hike] through the forests outside. As I [carefully] up my [plans] and [thoroughly] to get ready, I could already smell the [pine trees] and the [scents] of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of [cars] and [busses] left me [disappointed]. I began my [walk] through [HaHa Tonka park] and quickly was alone with my [thoughts].

Soon though I came across [@Summer_Hogan ] and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be [very] alone, possible [unfriendly].

[Summer] was an Atlassian Community [Leader] and loved the [community] and the [comradery]. Their company made the [hike] so much more [pleasant] and [peaceful].

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how [quickly] @Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and [supportive] that our post would help it [mature].

Word Bank:

1. hot

2. sweaty

3. sun

4. hike

5. carefully

6. plans

7.. thoroughly

8. pine trees

9. scents

10. cars

11. busses

12. disappointed

13. walk

14. HaHa Tonka park

15. thoughts

16. @Summer_Hogan 

17. very

18. unfriendly

19. Summer

20. Leader

21. community

22. comradery

23. hike

24. pleasant

25. peaceful

26. quickly

27. supportive

28. mature

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023

Love this @Marjorie!

Like # people like this
Mike Clarke
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2023

It was a [long] and [tiresome] day. I was tired of sitting in the [office] and decided to [explore] through the forests outside. As I [tied] up my [bootlaces] and [rushed] to get ready, I could already smell the [soil] and the [pine trees] of the forest.

As I opened my door, the sight of [ominous clouds] and [closed windows] left me [uncertain]. I began my [trek] through [forest] and quickly was alone with my [circling thoughts].

Soon though I came across [@Carolyn Allen] and asked them to join me on my trek - because it would be [tricky] alone, possibly [unnavigable].

[@Carolyn Allen  was an Atlassian Community [member] and loved the [outdoors] and  [adventure]. Their company made the [journey] so much more [fun] and [interesting].

When we got back, we checked the Atlassian Community to see how [rapidly] @Monique vdB's  Thermometer has risen for Trees II: The Likening and [confident] that our post would help it [grow].

Word Bank

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events