Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Miscellaneous Monday - Dream travel destinations โœˆ๏ธ๐ŸŒ

Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 25, 2023

Happy Monday, travel enthusiasts!

As we step into the holiday season, I can't help but lose myself in the allure of dream travel destinations. We all have special places that tug at our hearts, promising unforgettable experiences and magical moments. Whether it's a secluded island paradise, a bustling metropolis, or a hidden gem off the beaten path, our dreams carry us to far-off lands and beyond.

Let me share with you two dream destinations that hold a special place in my travel-filled heart:

giphy

๐ŸŒด Jamaica - A rhythmic heartbeat of the Caribbean! The gentle breeze whispers the enchanting melodies of reggae music, beckoning me to immerse myself in the vibrant local life. From savoring the tantalizing flavors of jerk chicken, white sand beaches and sun, to dancing under the starlit sky, Jamaica promises an adventure that resonates deep within my soul.

๐ŸŒบThailand - The Land of Smiles, a place that embodies a symphony of colors, flavors, and spirituality. Imagine wandering through the bustling streets of Bangkok, where vibrant street markets offer a feast for the senses. The aroma of Thai street food fills the air, teasing my taste buds with its tantalizing spices. And then, surrender to the allure of Thailand's pristine beaches, where turquoise waters lap gently against the shore, inviting me to dive into a world of vibrant marine life.

โšกHere's a little travel trivia to spark your sense of adventure even more:

โญ Did you know that the Maldives, known for its pristine turquoise waters and luxurious resorts, is the lowest-lying country in the world? It's a true paradise on Earth!

โญ The Amazon rainforest in South America is home to an astonishing array of wildlife, including pink river dolphins, jaguars, and toucans. It's a biodiverse wonderland that demands exploration.

โญ The ancient city of Rome, Italy, is home to the smallest country in the world: Vatican City. Within its borders lies St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel, iconic treasures of art and history.

โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ So, dear travel enthusiasts, let's embark on this virtual journey together. Share your dream travel destinations, photos, travel advice, and let's weave a tapestry of exploration that knows no boundaries and fills our souls with the pure joy of discovery. 

18 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2023

I love to travel so there are many places on my list. I have been to Rome and even lived in the Amazon basin rainforest for a few years, so those are done.  :-)

Would also like to visit Thailand and the Maldives. I am thinking that Oman and Morocco are next up on the list for me. And maybe Cyprus and Turkey. 

Like โ€ข # people like this
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 5, 2023

Each destination holds its own allure, and I'm sure you'll have amazing experiences exploring these diverse regions. Happy travels and may your adventures be filled with unforgettable moments! ๐Ÿคฉ

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2023

@Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _ thanks for the beautiful words and images to spark our imaginations. My dream vacation destination is to see the Aurora Borealis. I'd love to make the trip to Northern Norway or Finland to see it - I imagine the landscape there would be so different from the environments I have lived in or experienced in my lifetime. 

Sandra Axelsdottir
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2023

Come to Iceland during winter :D

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

May your dream of witnessing this natural wonder become a reality, leaving you with memories to cherish forever ๐Ÿ”ฅ!

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2023

We plan to head north to Alaska next year; we were planning to go this year, but discovered that myriads of people were already booked to travel to Alaska due to trips planned during the pandemic expiring at the end of this year.  So... Alaska - God willing - is on the agenda for 2024.  After that, we'd like to head over to see Ireland, the home of my ancestors.

We were in Hawaii when the pandemic hit; in fact, we were worried briefly that we wouldn't be able to get back to the mainland... but we got back just before they hard locked things down.  Despite the preliminary lock-downs and not being able to visit the Pearl Harbor memorial and a few sights on Oahu, we still had the time of our lives in Hawaii.  If you've not been, you should definitely go!

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

Wishing you safe and unforgettable adventures in Alaska, Ireland, and beyond!

Like โ€ข Craig Nodwell likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2023

Iโ€™m currently on one of my dream vacations. Iโ€™m sitting in Gruda, Croatia in the middle of the biking leg of our two week vacation. In a couple of days we will leave these incredible islands/peninsula and head for the Tuscany region in Italy. Itโ€™s been an incredible trip so far and I expect it to continue  as we transition to super luxury and delicious food. Not that the seafood in Croatia hasnโ€™t been absolutely amazing!

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

May the rest of your vacation be filled with more fantastic experiences and culinary delights!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2023

For me, a dream vacation is something I might not do too easily - or soon. ๐Ÿ™ƒ Antarctica is on my list!

I have a few friends who have been to Antarctica for work, and they say it's quite the experience. Definitely not luxurious, but there's cheap drinking. ๐Ÿคฃ What else will you do on the South Pole? ๐Ÿ‘€

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

A trip to Antarctica would indeed be an extraordinary adventure! Besides experiencing the unique environment, wildlife watching, and exploring ice formations it's an opportunity to immerse yourself in the untouched beauty of this awe-inspiring destination. Fingers crossed for your trip! ๐Ÿคž

Like โ€ข Summer.Hogan likes this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2023

I love to travel and am currently planning a trip to the Chianti region of Tuscany next year.  Maldives is also high on my list :)

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

That's fantastic! Exploring the Chianti region of Tuscany will be a treat for your senses with its stunning landscapes and renowned wines. Enjoy your upcoming travels!

Sandra Axelsdottir
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2023

I love travelling and I've done quite a bit of it over the years, but I still have such a long list of places I want to visit.... the list is too long. But high up on that list are Croatia (bike and hike) and Italy (hike and wine tasting)

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

Italy's combination of hiking and wine tasting promises a delightful experience ๐Ÿท May your future adventures be filled with unforgettable memories!

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2023

New Zealand is still at the top of my list. 
And probably a longer camper tour through scandinavia :)

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

That sounds like a great plan! Both trips will surely make for unforgettable experiences

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2023

It's nice to get back into traveling since there are many family and friends to visit that are long overdue.

Probably top of my list is a bike packing trip in the south of Spain. But I need to work up to that by putting more miles/km on the bike first!

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

It could be an exciting adventure filled with memorable moments and personal growth at the same time!

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2023

For me, a dream destination is not a place but a feeling. 

A feeling of absolute calm, contradicted by anticipation; peace contradicted by an assault on the senses; where sights, sounds, smells, tastes and textures join forces to make you know you are alive; where you see the wonders of this world in all forms

It'll be different for everyone but for me that is a dream that is ever changing. Each new adventure brings new experiences.

Some places that have shaped who I am today:

Penang Malaysia - Warmth of the people and the food!!!

IMG_20220421_133809.jpg

Malaysian Borneo - Truly wonderous place full of amazing nature that our planet depends
P1120345_1.jpg
Grenada & Carriacou - Caribbean beauty, an infectiously relaxed place where you can dream all your worries away

IMG_20211018_122238_1.jpg

Costa Rica - The shining light of conservation, the most diverse and beautiful place I have been

DSC_9846_1.jpg

Raja Ampat - The Costa Rica of the underwater world 

2012-10-21-0229_1.jpg

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

These are really stunning views!

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

These are awesome pics @Dreamsuite Mike 

Like โ€ข Andy Gladstone likes this
Hana Kuฤerovรก
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 30, 2023

I would love to visit US national parks again, especially Yellowstone.

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

Ohh, yeaah... That's something I always admire when watching documents or movies ๐Ÿคฉ

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023

๐Ÿ’ฏ

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2023

Does it count to just "travel" home after work?

Marketplace Partner
July 4, 2023

It can be exciting sometimes too ๐Ÿ˜…

Aslan Bennington-Barr July 4, 2023

I haven't yet been able to travel internationally on my own, but I am looking forward to some trips to Australia and Samoa in the next year. It's extremely exciting! Europe, Japan, and North America are on the bucket list.

Marketplace Partner
July 10, 2023

That sounds like an incredible adventure awaiting you!

Markus Fredรฉn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2023

I have a very hard time with warm climates as I'm used to Swedish weather so my dream destinations would be Northern Canada or Ireland.

I really like Swedish nature though, it's tough to beat so I'd rather stay home to be honest, hehe.

Marketplace Partner
July 10, 2023

Whether you choose to explore far-off lands or savor the comforts of home, may your journeys be filled with joy and fulfillment. Happy adventuring, wherever it may take you! ๐ŸŒฒ๐ŸŒฟโœจ

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

I just planned an Alaska Cruise for next year! I board the ship one year from today! This is one of my bucket list destinations and I will also get to visit Vancouver and Anchorage. I'm so excited! 

Royal_Princess.jpg

Marketplace Partner
July 10, 2023

Exploring the stunning beauty of Alaska will surely be a memorable experience. Bon voyage and enjoy every moment! ๐Ÿšข๐ŸŒŸ

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

Reading all these wonderful destinations is a true inspiration. This summer I'm off to Scotland to follow the trail of a Harry Potter (to some extent), combining with a hint of whiskey discovery as well.

Apart from that, I hope to set foot ashore in Canada, Australia and definitely Iceland as well. In just a few years, when the kids are off school and we can travel outside of the school holidays, I am definitely signing up for Iceland and the aurora borealis too. The closest I've come to borealis so far is working at the chemical company with the same name as a consultant; cool too, but I'm quite sure I will like the light show even better ...

Marketplace Partner
July 10, 2023

That sounds like an amazing adventure you have planned! Following the Harry Potter trail and discovering whiskey sounds like a delightful combination. Enjoy every step of your journey and create unforgettable memories along the way!๐ŸŒ

Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
July 18, 2023

Like @Andy Gladstone I've always wanted to see the Aurora Borealis. Preferably in Iceland one day. 

Some of my other dream destinations include

• London to visit the Harry Potter Studios
  • Norway to hike to the Lofoten
  • Korfu to visit the Mediterranean Sea again

And maybe someday I will visit LA and New Zealand.  

Mohammad Rageh September 11, 2023

Thanks for the excited post, it captivated me to think about needs of these days to release my pain and stressful moments, to be honest I don't have a specific destination to visit and enjoy these moments but all the places you mentioned above are so excited and giving exploration to souls and feeling with no boundaries, in addition to these place and in Egypt we have many places to enjoy the summer like Sharm El sheikh and Hurghada, both are very nice cities.

Thank you @Justyna Gdowik _ Deviniti _ for your nice and objective sharing!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events