Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - Let's Talk About Your Favorite Friday Traditions!

Ananjan_miniOrange February 9, 2024

Happy Friday, Atlassian Community!

Who else is feeling the Friday vibes? 🎉 It's the first fun Friday discussion of the new cycle and I couldn't be more thrilled! Did anyone else find this week a bit longer than usual? 😅

Now, onto something lighter! Fridays always feel like a gentle reminder that everything, whether good or bad, eventually comes to an end, don't you think? 🤔 Apologies if I'm getting too philosophical on you! 😂 But hey, I embrace Fridays like no other day of the week, and I'm sure many of you do too, for obvious reasons! 😄

I really enjoyed the Miscellaneous Monday discussion of this week, where we shared how we like to kickstart our week. Now, I'm curious, what's your special Friday routine?  What fun rituals or activities that you love to do just on Fridays? Share away!

Let's keep the fun rolling as we head into the weekend, I am all ears for your interesting Friday rituals…

Cheers to Fridays and all the adventures they bring! 🎉

12 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2024

Friday during the day it pretty much like any other. Though I try to do some reading if work has not been completely overwhelming. 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2024

Friday nights are awesome!  When the end of shift bird goes off, I slide down the dinosaur and run to the car.  Then literally run with the car home, grab the family and the neighbors, and head to the drive in.  We usually get a rack of brontosaur and hope it doesn't tip the car over before the show.  Then it's home for the evening.  Getting the cat to go out for the evening is something of a challenge as she's pretty strong.  Sometimes, I'm the one stuck outside for awhile.

Just your typical Friday night in Bedrock!

Like # people like this
Tiffin Filion February 9, 2024

Yabba Dabba Doo!

Like # people like this
ABR April 4, 2024

@Dan Breyen Hahaha! That was really awesome fun!

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2024

I have no regular meetings on Fridays; for some reason, that seems to make for a less stressful day.

At my company, we have a thing called Coffee Chats, where you get teamed up with someone else in the company (who you might not otherwise interact with) for a 15-minute chat about not-work. I try to schedule these on Fridays, since it's a nice, relaxing thing to do.

For me, this week didn't seem too long—I have some weeks where I start thinking it's Friday on Tuesday, and then I'm continually disappointed for 3 days. 😊

Oh, and sometimes I only do a 30-minute lunch on Fridays, so I can sneak out (of my home office) early to jumpstart the weekend.

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2024

Well my uncle, his name is Jed, he goes out hunting every Friday night after work for food.  Well, he told me last week, that after he took the shot, up came some bubbling crude.

Their life has never been the same and they're planning on moving to California!

I don't think he has to go hunting after work anymore.

(2nd attempt at Friday Fun points! )

Like # people like this

I am sensing a theme here :D

Like # people like this
Lacy Saute
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2024

I recently started volunteering for Lasagna Love. It's an organization where volunteer "chefs" prepare and deliver a lasagna to a local family who has requested one. So, I spend my lunch hour on Fridays prepping a lasagna, deliver it early evening, and then either go out or bring dinner in with my partner. It's becoming an enjoyable Friday routine!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2024

This sounds wonderful, @Lacy Saute. I had not heard of this organization before; thank you for sharing the link. 

Like # people like this
Ananjan_miniOrange February 10, 2024

What an incredible initiative! It's truly inspiring to see how the organization has positively impacted 1.8 million people. Kudos, @Lacy Saute  👏

Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 13, 2024

That's awesome! Can't help wondering if you ran into Garfield on a casual Friday while delivering ... 😻

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2024

This sounds so great @Lacy Saute!

ABR April 4, 2024

@Lacy Saute That's interesting! Hope something like that can be created in my locality! Will be talking to some friends to see if we can start it! Thanks for the idea! :)

Getting off work at a decent or earlier time than I have been earlier in the week, is always my Friday goal.

At a company I used to work at, Friday's also meant Zoom calls where we'd drink and chat. I kinda miss those days. :(

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2024

Fridays are WFH, so I enjoy the fact that I have no commute and can brew fresh pour over coffee instead of the normal Keurig K-Cups I am subjected to in the office. I usually arrange my notes from the week and try to get some projects or goals worked on that I normally can't focus on in the busy office.

I enjoy seeing each of my kids come home from school and generally log off earlier (I'm Sabbath observant) and have a transition from Work Dad to Home Dad. I always look forward to our Friday night meals together where we get to talk and laugh about the past week.

Like # people like this
Ananjan_miniOrange February 10, 2024

I appreciate the mention of transitioning from 'work dad' to 'home dad'. Balancing family time alongside work commitments is key. Well said, @Andy Gladstone  ✌️

Like # people like this
Ankush Bora February 15, 2024

More power to those striving to strike the right balance between work & life (family). :)
@Andy GladstoneThanks for sharing this.

Like # people like this
ABR April 4, 2024

@Andy Gladstone I get where you're coming from, I try to spend every after-work moment I can with my daughter (unless I've guests coming over)! If we have guests, then we make friendly competition to see who can cook and serve the best dishes in record time! What fun!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2024

Sorry I'm late to this one @Ananjan_miniOrange!

Work-wise: Fridays are for winding things down at the end of the week.  Our team doesn't do any deployments on Fridays (we do them on Thursdays and support any fallout on Friday).  I also do my best to avoid meetings which will interrupt and distract from getting everything wrapped up.

Personal: Since it's the start of the weekend my kids enjoy making Friday "movie night".  After my wife and I get things cleaned up from supper, we'll make a small batch of popcorn and watch something on Disney+.

Like # people like this
Ananjan_miniOrange February 15, 2024

No worries, @Jimmy Seddon  ! Your comments are always a highlight for me – they're super fun to read!

I can totally relate with you on the work front! Avoid meetings and getting things wrapped is something I always look forward to on Firday's.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2024

Great question @Ananjan_miniOrange and sorry I'm late to the party here. I guess I missed this post last Friday.

For me Friday's at work are like any other day except I leave a couple of hours at the end of the day to tie up any loose ends from the week. If I don't reserve this time, my To Do list for the next week just grows every week and that is not good. 

For me Friday nights are great! I never cook and always go out to eat so I look forward to that. I always look forward to nights I don't have to cook as I dislike doing it and am not good at it. I typically watch a show or movie after dinner and relax before bed. I also sleep a lot on Friday nights so I'm rested not only from the busy week, but also for the upcoming weekend. 

Like # people like this
Ananjan_miniOrange February 15, 2024

Thanks, @Summer_Hogan  😇 I believe Friday nights are meant for takeout or dining out – it's the perfect stress reliever after a long week.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2024

100% agree @Ananjan_miniOrange!

Like ABR likes this
HIMANSHU KUMAR February 15, 2024

Since Monday I am waiting for Friday (waiting for weekends). Week starts with Monday too lazy as well as too long day and on the other hand Friday it's like spend quickly.

Perfectly stated by @Barbara Szczesniak "I have some weeks where I start thinking it's Friday on Tuesday, and then I'm continually disappointed for 3 days."

Like # people like this
Sriharsha February 16, 2024

On Friday nights, I usually go out to have dinner with friends and family, and afterwards, we go to watch a movie.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2024

No meetings.  I have a policy for everyone on my team to not have any meetings on Friday.  This has worked great for my teams and myself making Fridays productive and you feel great entering the weekend.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events