cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: Drop Your Favorite Picture You Took This Week

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2023

Happy Friday Atlassian Community!

Today, let's take a break from typing long answers and instead just post your favorite picture you took this week and let everyone know why you took it or what it is of.

For the Labor Day weekend and into this week I left the Arizona heat and took a trip up to Monterey, CA. The weather was so lovely, compared to where I live and it was a ton of fun! Here's a pic I took of my favorite spot on the 17 mile drive:

Spot #12 - The Lone Cypress.

For more than 250 years, the world-famous Lone Cypress has braved the elements atop its rocky pedestal overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Known as Midway Point on the original 17-Mile Drive, this iconic tree has been the logo for Pebble Beach Resorts since its founding in 1919. 

Mont3.jpg

So, everyone show us the fabulous picture you took this week and have a great weekend! 

10 comments

Comment

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2023

Hi @Summer_Hogan ,

That is an easy one, this just came in the mail:

PXL_20230908_114013938.jpg

But granted, I would have trade it for the view of your picture!

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Congrats @Rudy Holtkamp for becoming a community leader! It's a pretty sweet welcome pack they give you. I'm about to get my one year reward as I reached a year last month! I love being a community leader so I hope you love it as much as I do! And yes, that view was amazing! 

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2023

Interesting variety of watermelon:

watermelons.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Love it @Dan Breyen! I've never seen an orange watermelon! 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Kseniia Trushnikova
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

My favorite picture is this one. Just bought the Alabama Shakes vinyl!

photo1694187789.jpeg

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Very cool @Kseniia Trushnikova! Is is colored? I love collecting colored vinyl's! 

Kseniia Trushnikova
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

@Summer_Hogan, thank you! Yes! It's silver ✨

Can you share with us a pic of your favorite colored vinyl records?

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Sure @Kseniia Trushnikova ! Here are a bunch! I have so many! The teal and turquoise ones are my fav, but I couldn't find one of those handy to post. 
Aerosmith.pngBad Religion.pngBryan Adams.pngGodsmack.pngGuardians.pngMetallica.pngNimrod.jpg

Like # people like this
Kseniia Trushnikova
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

@Summer_Hogan, wow! That’s A W E S O M E

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

We had a company dinner with a partner of ours in the NYC Financial District on Wednesday night. When we left and were taking the Ferry back to the Brooklyn Navy Yard we saw the Tribute in Light appear behind the buildings. It was a moment of reflection and the entire outside deck of the ferry fell silent almost at the same exact second. 

IMG_6119.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

That is very touching @Andy Gladstone Thanks for sharing that! 

Christine B September 8, 2023

ICECREAM CONE DUMP.JPG

I collect random pics during the week.  I save them to my Sample Pictures folder to use randomly.  This was my latest "save."  It seems apropos to use it here.

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

@Christine B - the picture is showing an error. Can you please repost?

Like Christine B likes this
Christine B September 8, 2023

That is the correct PIC, lol.  Scraped PIC from SharePoint365.  Pic notifies the user that the link was no longer valid.  General housekeeping, QA, testing and removing stale links, etc.

Weekly Temps were in the 100's this week.  So, ice cream hit the spot for me. It was just a random pic I saved this week.

Great pic of Spot #12 - The Lone Cypress

Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

@Christine B With the story it makes more sense now! I can relate to needing ice cream. It is a mild 108 degrees in Phoenix today! 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Great post @Summer_Hogan!

I'm going to cheat a little because I don't take a lot of pictures, and I haven't actually taken any pictures this week.  However, the most recent picture I took was as we were setting up for my son's 6th birthday party on Saturday!

20230902_123820.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

That is awesome @Jimmy Seddon! Your kids are so cute! I love your daughters gold shoes! 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

You've encountered wild kids!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 8, 2023

I got my amazing commission piece from @Ditte Simard!!!! For now it's displayed here on my mantel and that makes it my favorite pic of the week. 

PXL_20230906_161121546.jpg

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

Love it! Great job @Ditte Simard! It's beautiful! I also love the pic of the girl and the owl @Monique vdB!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

That is one serious swag drop! I can see an Etsy store for Community Cross Stich in the near future. You out Ditte'd yourself @Ditte Simard

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2023

My sister's wedding today! Always fun to get fancy!PXL_20230908_143848421.jpg

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2023

Same as Jimmy here - I don't take that many pictures on a weekly basis but when I go on some trip or vacation, I usually get around 1000 photos within a couple of days 😅

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I visited the Netherlands and here's one of the cooler pictures I've taken (@Maritime Museum Amsterdam) 🙂Amst_D4.jpg

Like # people like this
Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2023

A bit late for an answer, but back from holiday, I gladly share my favorite pic from the trip to Albania:

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-10 at 15.41.52.jpeg

This is the beautiful Syri i Kaltër, aka "the blue eye". Around 6,000 liters per second flow from these magical water source. The place is a bit touristy, but the view of the crystal clear water makes up for it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events