cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: Atlassian Swagshots

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

✨ Yabadabadoo Friday has arrived...

And with it, so has another round of Friday FUN to bring a smile to us all or at least that's what I'll be attempting to do as I type away 😅

Now for those that know me, there's clearly a few things in life that bring me joy such as pizza and wine (especially on a Friday 😉), my dogs Cass and Eeyore, Winnie the Pooh (who would've guessed 🥸), my nearest and dearest (of course), being a Community Leader and perhaps just an incy wincy bit of swag which lets face it, can brighten up any day of the week! 

Traditionally SWAG stands for Stuff We All Get, and I say traditionally because as of today I learnt it can mean a whole host of different things... clearly I need to get out more! But, once we get all our Swag what happens next?

Well obviously, we first and foremost become Swagrids 🤩

all-the-dragon-btches-love-him.gif

And then we just live swaggerly ever after, right? Or at least our favourite pieces of swag do, the ones who get hanging space, or are always sat chilling on our desks, or get the joys of being on our feet #swagsocks!

But ask yourself this... do we ever set up an impromptu lunchtime stand up with Taco the plushie, Cloudie and our dog, making a base on our picnic blanket with our cool Atlassian mugs and cups, swapping ideas with our beloved notebooks (yes, the ones we never touch because they're too nice) and that can all be packed up in our rucksacks ready for #TeamAnywhere? 

No? Just me? Oh, well this is awkward...

thumbnail_IMG_4660.jpgthumbnail_IMG_4664.jpg

So it turns out It's impossible to fit all the swag in one photo (sorry socks!), so instead this Friday I'd love for you to share a swagshot of:

• your favouritest swag item on the planet
  • or, maybe of your worst / ugliest piece of swag
  • or, just go crazy (like me) and selfie swag yourself and your pets in a corner of your office

The choice is really up to you and don't worry if you're camera shy you can use words over photos. Plus, I know some of you out there have the most coveted, awesome swag we've never seen so give it it's moment in the spotlight. The main aim of the game is to get creative and have FUN 🥳

Happy Friday Folks, I'll be raising a glass to all who join my Friday Fun Challenge in a few hours 🍷 I just need to find myself an Atlassian branded wine glass first!

8 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

I read this post and then slowly swiveled my chair around in my home office and was hit by the realization that I may have inadvertently created a shrine to the Atlassian deity. 

I then realized I was wearing my comfy Confluence hoodie, and today was Cloudie Socks day. My socks are either Bombas or a rotation of Atlassian Swag Socks. Yesterday was Atlassian University. Sunday will be Jira & Confluence Better Together. 

O-M-G I may have a problem. The fact that I didn't even need to set this shot up is troubling.

2022-10-21 16.04.57.jpg

Pictured:

• Me
  • Confluence Hoodie
  • Cloudie Socks
  • Work & Wellness Package
  • Community Leader Folio (used daily as a laptop sleeve)
  • Community Bag full of swag from Team '22 (including Valiantys USB multi-cable)
  • Confluence Customer Month Scarf (my office is in the attic and gets cold in the winter)
  • Atlassian Community Throw Blanket (see above)

I need to make sure this is a hobby and not a religion I am adopting...

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2022

I love this @Andy Gladstone!

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

I absolutely love this @Andy Gladstone I can't even seem to get rid of the lovely boxes they arrive in... maybe we need an Atlassian Swag-oholics Anonymous group 🤣

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

It most certainly won’t be anonymous! I also love repurposing the Atlassian Swag boxes - it makes me feel both environmentally conscious and plays into my organization OCD. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2022

Great topic @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_!  I recently just packed up a large amount of swag and I'm not about to bring it all out again, let's just say if I wanted to I could fill half my office if I really wanted to.  I have kept a small collection of meaningful items that I still have on display though.

20221022_161829.jpg

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon they all looks so happy sat there together! Unfortunately I lost Gliffy to one of my dogs, so much so Taco and Cloudie are currently in hiding. It's amazing how much we collect without even realising it 😄

Like # people like this
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

Oh no!! @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ do you need another? 💙

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon at least we have your YouTube series to enjoy the ghost of Jimmy’s swag past whenever we want to bask in all of its glory. 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 24, 2022

Sorry I'm late to the party! I have a big release coming up and Friday had not a minute of spare time in it, but I love this topic so I wanted to join in.

I have not been part of the Atlassian Community for too long, but I have amassed quite a large amount of SWAG. I feel though I am missing out on the stuffed animal swag as I don't have any of those; not even a Cloudie (which I thought I would get, but oh well)! 

Here are couple of pics of my swag and yours truly! 

summer swag2.jpgsummer swag.jpg

Like # people like this
Ditte Simard
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2023

Oh my... that holiday shirt is amazing!

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2022

Hi @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ !

Don't know how I missed this thread, but I did! My Swagatlassian arsenal includes:

• The first certification t-shirt
  • Community leader welcome gift (socks, pen, notebook)
  • Zen candle (this is amazing)
  • The picnic basket (also amazing)
  • The isothermic bottle (from which I drink water)
  • Apptoberfest hoodie
  • An atlympic gold medal!

And of course I'm eager to get some more goodies :D 

Like # people like this
Kerli Loopman
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2022

Please don't judge me for adding that that dark humor here but in march I went to "Atlassian in the Baltics 2022" event as a speaker and I recieved a T-Shirt and some of my friends read the title wrong, they saw "Russian in the Baltics 2022" and since it was right after Russians invaded Ukraine, it was quite a popular subject that if the Baltics are in threat too. Sending all my love to Ukraine!     received_508989307506397.jpeg

Like # people like this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 7, 2022

I'm a lite late but I recently got my first Atlassian Swag from the Confluence work and wellness series. It was such a thoughtful package and made my day. 🙌

Here's a quick photo: 

WIN_20221107_14_41_16_Pro.jpg

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2022

Atlympics

20211011_080331[980].jpg

Like # people like this
Randi Richards
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 4, 2024

Hi, @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ ! Love the pup post. Do you give us permission to share this on our Atlassian social media channels? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events