Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Treasure of a Valentine's!

ABR February 15, 2024

Last Valentine's Day was very special! My daughter, at the tender age of eighteen, orchestrated a surprise that would forever be etched in our memories! With her own hard-earned money, she booked a resort getaway for my husband and me, urging us to disconnect from the digital world and reconnect with each other!

As we arrived at the serene retreat, we were greeted not by the usual check-in formalities, but by a demand from our daughter: 'Switch off your phones, Mom and Dad. It's time to reconnect – with each other!'

With a mix of amusement and apprehension, we obeyed, diving headfirst into a 24-hour digital detox! No emails, no texts – just us, and the promise of rediscovering the spark that had ignited our love all those years ago!

Under the canopy of towering trees, we swam in the stream, clumsily navigated forest hikes, and indulged in a sumptuous barbecue lunch prepared by the resort's chef and his merry band of culinary wizards.

But the real magic happened when we returned to our room, tummies full and hearts aflutter! A rom-com marathon ensued, complete with popcorn fights and shared laughter, as we snuggled up on the cozy cot, surrounded by ice cream tubs and a mountain of goodies!

As the day drew to a close, we returned home, our hearts brimming with gratitude for our daughter's unconventional yet unforgettable gift. And there, amidst the soft glow of candlelight, we were greeted by a surprise family dinner, lovingly prepared by our daughter herself!

Joined by my ever-supportive parents-in-law and our daughter's doting boyfriend, we shared stories, laughter, and more than a few happy tears! It was a Valentine's Day unlike any other – funny, warm, endearing, wistful, and oh-so-nostalgic!

Now we have made it into a Valentine's ritual. This year, we went in a larger group for Love Reconnect at home – Us (hubby and me and my grown-up girl) and her boyfriend and his parents. Oh, what fun we had! But that's another story for some other time!

Hope all of you have fun, love and togetherness on this Valentine's Day and every other that arrives! Just wanted to share this beautiful feeling! How about you? 

8 comments

Comment

Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2024

@ABR Thank you for sharing your wonderful story! May your days be blessed with more laughter than a sitcom marathon and more love than a rom-com montage 💜

Like # people like this
ABR February 15, 2024

Thank you so much @Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc ! I feel totally blessed in very way! Here's wishing you the same! Cheers!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2024

Sounds like a good time was had by all.  We spent this Valentine's day digging out from 6 inches of snow in the evening.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2024

Wonderful story @ABR!

My kids are still very young (6 & 2) so our Valentine's plans are always around the house.  But, one tradition I have had since my wife and I first started dating is that I always get her a stuffed animal for Valentine's Day and she still has the entire collection to this day (though some of them have been taken by our kids).

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Like # people like this
ABR February 18, 2024

Dear @Jimmy Seddon ,

Thanks for the opportunity to share this beautiful piece of my life on this platform!

It was wonderful to relive it once again while writing this piece!

What a sweet ritual you have for Valentines Day! Here's wishing that your wife's collection of stuffed animals keeps growing forever! Cheers!

melissa_hedge February 16, 2024

Wow! What an amazing woman you have raised! Such a thoughtful and considerate girl. It is really hard to remind yourself who you married. My husband and I just celebrated our 19th Valentine's Day together...of course it was with our daughters right by our side.

Our escape and reconnect tradition is the day after Thanksgiving!

Like # people like this
ABR February 18, 2024

Dear @melissa_hedge ,

Thank you! Yes, it fills us with gratitude every time we see her little heartwarming antics to tie the family together! She gets all her magic (her values) from the both sets of "Grand" - parents who raised her!

Good to know you had a great celebration too! Keep connected! Cheers!

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2024

How wonderful—your story and your daughter! Makes me think I should start looking for a Valentine for next year. 

Like # people like this
ABR February 18, 2024

Dear @Barbara Szczesniak ,

I'm glad if my story prompted something wonderful in your life! Yes, we feel extremely blessed! We wish the same to everyone in the world - because you're only truly rich, if you have someone to love and they love you back!

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2024

@ABR ~ That sounds amazing!  What a cool daughter!  💖

Like ABR likes this
ABR February 18, 2024

Dear @Laurie Sciutti ,

Thanks for your kind words! Yes we as parents feel extremely blessed! 

Like # people like this
Haoyang Lu February 21, 2024

That's my man, I definitely didn't have that courage spending a valentine day when my girl's parents are in sight when I was around 18. Forest hikes and barbecue, this part is educational to me.

Thanks for sharing this inspirational story.

Like # people like this
ABR February 26, 2024

Thank you, @Haoyang Lu ! Good to know some little part of my life resonated with you! Cheers!

Like Haoyang Lu likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2024

@ABR What a great story, more importantly a great daughter.  I need to step up my valentines day rituals because I don't really have any.

ABR March 30, 2024

@Brant Schroeder Thank you! She really is a blessing!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events