Sensitive Data Being Emailed / Transmitted via Comments

John Santos July 30, 2019

My customers are worrying about sensitive data being emailed via comments.  Are those details being sent encrypted as well?  From Jira comments to user's email inbox?

1 comment

Comment

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2019

Hello John,

Welcome to the Atlassian community! :)

The answer of your question will depend on wether you are using Server or Cloud version.

Cloud version

By default, the mail notifications from Jira are not encrypted. And, for now, I does not seem to be possible to enable encryption for this purpose.

But, I found this suggestion on Atlassian's Jira Cloud board: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-43585. In fact, it is suggested to develop a feature to meet your need. So, I would advise you to vote for this suggestion, watch it and add a comment to it.

Server version

As for the cloud version, there is no native feature to enable encryption for mail notifications in Jira Server. But, there is a plugin in the Marketplace called S/Notify Email Encryption for Jira (it is not free unfortunately).

In addition, there is a suggestion on Atlassian's Jira Server and Data Center board to develop a feature that meets your need: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-43585. So, I would advise you to vote for this suggestion, watch it and add a comment to it.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks.
Regards
Boris

Like # people like this
John Santos July 31, 2019

Thank you very much!

Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2019

You are welcome :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events