Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access: General Discussion

RJ Gazarek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Use this topic for general questions and discussion with Narmada on the following: 

Security around guest access, comprehensive audit logging of user activity is top of mind for me at the moment. I would like to hear how your requirements for Atlassian cloud for these areas.

2 comments

Comment

JiraJared
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2020

Hey Narmada,

Will Jira Align ever be incorporated into Atlassian Access?

Jared.

Narmada Jayasankar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2020

Hi Jared,

Yes, we have plans to integrate Jira Align with Atlassian Access. 

Best,

Narmada

Thomas Dörfler December 1, 2020

My (small) company has set up a local server for Jira (with a few addons installed) two years ago. Selecting private server was a straightforward approach because:

- our IT had no problem setting it up and securing it

- data access, backup, data security was completely in our realm and under our control

BTW: we are working for a broad range of customers and our local Jira installation allows us to als store confidential customer information in its database without breaching any NDAs.

My question is: when investigating a move to the cloud, what will change regarding data access?

If I read Atlassians contract correctly, at least all state authorities of the cloud service provider (amazon?), of Atlassian as the "Jira service provider" and of all App providers involved may be granted access to our data (if these state authorities get an entitlement to do so), is this right? (a simple "yes" or "no" will do as an answer ;-) )

As a consequence, we have to recheck our NDAs with our customers, whether such an access would be treated as a breach of the NDA and if yes, we would need to use a different system for project control for these projects... Not really fancy....

Filiberto Selvas
Atlassian Team
December 4, 2020

Thank you for the post Thomas, as you have assumed this is not an easy y/n answer.  For 'Who has access to our data?"  we've outlined our approach in our Cloud Security Statement and our Privacy Policy."

I hope this helps 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events